Cordless earpiece?

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Has anyone come across a cordless earpiece that won't break the bank? I'm talking about a small earpiece that will allow me to talk to my performers while they are acting, to give them direction and such. I have child actors so I am often gesturing to them off-camera to give them direction. If I could speak into their ears it might move things along better, particularly if I could feed them dialog.

There seem to be professional-grade options but these are quite expensive, I would prefer something under $200 or cheaper if it can be had. Any creative suggestions would be welcome.

I agree with the post that I've quoted. You can get a £11 nokia and get their in ear microphone, then get a phone contract for your phone which will ring them (in the uk we have a great service called GiffGaff, if you don't want to have the phone for personal use around £10 a month will get you hundreds and hundreds of minutes). Depending on how good your phone is you might have to get multiple cheap £15 of so phones to be able to stay on call with all the phones. But it would be a cheap way to do it. I mean for £200 you could get like 6 phones (3 for you and 3 for them) and a decent contract on your phones to be able to stay on the call for hours each month. Although this would be tedious it will be cheaper.

Another way would be to get cheap smartphones and do a group skype call with their phones on mute and getting a pair of apple headphones for like £3... you will still have the cable, but anything wireless is going to start bumping up the price.. A LOT.

you could use get a wired one, attach it to a phone and call the phone so the earpiece is the speaker? much cheaper than $200 (providing you have a lot of minutes in your phone contract)

Thanks that is a good idea, I'll hunt for a small earpiece at Radio Shack or something. Luckily I have unlimited calls on my current phone plan!

Back