Copyright warning for your own work/Funny Copyright Tales?

RobCoxxy

I've Got It
Hi guys, seeing as it's relevant, I thought you'd find it amusing/irritating that one of my videos, a short film created for the BFI 48 Hour Sci Fi film challenge, received a copyright infringement warning because it was content "owned by" YT Network The Multiverse on their Sci Fi shorts channel, hosted by Warwick Davies.

First off, Warwick Davies being a fan of something I worked on was bloody brilliant news, and we were all happy it got rehosted - the more views, even from other channels, the better! Luckily the takedown warning went nowhere when it's your own video, posted mooooooonths before the "original".

TL;DR own Video flagged as Rehosters content.

Do any of you guys have stories of similarly weird copyright flags?

lol, that's pretty cool/dumb/probably an auto flag by YT since they rehosted the video. None of my content has enough traffic for something like this but the seemingly random requirements to prove copyright on my 100% original content is getting a lil bit silly. :rolleyes:

Wait so The Multiverse stole some of your content without asking?
Oh, no, they didn't steal it, nor without permission.

Youtube just saw this middling little YouTube Peon with the same video uploaded as a big network, and automatically assumed I stole their stuff. Boo![DOUBLEPOST=1397516193,1397516113][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol, that's pretty cool/dumb/probably an auto flag by YT since they rehosted the video. None of my content has enough traffic for something like this but the seemingly random requirements to prove copyright on my 100% original content is getting a lil bit silly. :rolleyes:

I had a friends' band give me permission to use their own track in the same film, and apparently that's not enough permission to use that music, according to Youtube. :p No ads for me!

Back