Copyright on Networks vs Adsense 2018.

Hi. So,i have a youtube channel with almost 100k subs and 1m+ views per month.I am with Networks 3-4 years now, i was with Maker , RPM Network ,Creative Nation, and just left from Ifree.Im thinking of adsense at the moment because this way, i wont have any payment issues, or a pointless cut that offers nothing in return.But i have some questions:
1)Lets say i get a copyright strike for some reason, will i end up be banned from adsense?
2)Is it that easy to get banned from adsense?
3)Joining a network, since they use adsense aswell , isnt it the same if you get a strike(adsense ban)

My content is about motivating people to workout,study,loss weight,never give up.And i upload Motivational Videos, made from parts of like 20-30 videos and speeches.So far i had 0 copyright strike problems.

My channel : AlexKaltsMotivation
Thanks a lot for your time!

I wasn't sure if this topic would fit better in the copyright discussion forum or monetization/partnership discussion forum, but I've moved it to the copyright discussion forum. ^_^ The YTtalk help forum is for forum-specific help and suggestions.

Hi. So,i have a youtube channel with almost 100k subs and 1m+ views per month.I am with Networks 3-4 years now, i was with Maker , RPM Network ,Creative Nation, and just left from Ifree.Im thinking of adsense at the moment because this way, i wont have any payment issues, or a pointless cut that offers nothing in return.But i have some questions:
1)Lets say i get a copyright strike for some reason, will i end up be banned from adsense?
3)Joining a network, since they use adsense aswell , isnt it the same if you get a strike(adsense ban)

My content is about motivating people to workout,study,loss weight,never give up.And i upload Motivational Videos, made from parts of like 20-30 videos and speeches.So far i had 0 copyright strike problems.

Last year I and lot of others users experienced the massive youtube ban (I lost like all my 10-20 accounts that were with adsense). I couldn't figure out what was the reason. So if all my youtube channels (partnered to adsense) were banned, I decided to buy 2 new monetization enabled accounts and unfortunately they got banned too. I didn't even upload any video there (or did other activities) but still got banned. I think the problem is my adsense account which caused this.

I found something useful about the copyright strikes from YouTube Help Forum
Questions:
1. Is it normal to suspend monetization for just one strike?
2. What about the estimated earnings in youtube channel? will they be added to Adsense?
3. Will any of this affect my Adsense account?
4. Is there anything else I can do to at lease restore monetization?

Answers (Colette W - Youtube forum Top Contributor):
1 - yes
2 - when monetization is disabled, payments will be suspended. Anything already in adsense will be paid, but your estimated earnings won't be finalized until possibly after monetization is restored
3 - generally no, although it is possible as copyright infringement is also against adsense policy
4 - you'll want to complete copyright school, other than that the only thing would be if the claimant is willing to retract the strike.

Having "copyright strike problems" and having "content copyright issues" are two different things.

Do you obtain permission from the original creators of the videos you use cuts from? If you don't, your content violates copyright; and eventually YouTube will demonetize your entire channel using the reason of "duplicate content" or "repeated submission of ineligible content or insufficient documentation".

Attempting to join another network won't help here either. You need to relink your channel to Adsense before you can join a network; and since you recently left a network, your channel will be placed into the queue to be reviewed as if you were joining the YouTube Partner Program for the first time if I'm not mistaken.

Since the recent rule changes, a network would also either ask for the licensing documentation for the video snippets you've edited together, or reject you out of hand for using unlicensed copyright content which also breaks Adsense monetization rules.

If you want your review to be successful, I'd start by pulling the keyword list block out of your channel description. That alone could get you a SPAM charge. Then you should consider writing/filming your own material rather than duplication of third party copyright media.

You should do all of this before relinking your channel to an Adsense account in order to avoid Adsense either rejecting your application, or disabling your account.

P. S. I left Maker Studios two years ago; and I've never joined another network.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your reply, i was with YouTube Partner Program a good amount of time while was changing networks, and im already in it, without waiting i was always with it, because my last network asked me to be in YouTube Partner Program to join the network.

So if i got what you are saying right, there is no difference if i join a network or i stay with adsense , and if my channel is going to get demonitized that will happen no matter what i choose to be in.

Also There are so many motivational channels out there, having millions of views and using even parts from well known movies,or a UFC final fight from a TV Channel, and they are running with monetized videos for years now, most of them talk about Fair use, and that it is ok to use content for educational porpuses or any porpuses that will benefit a person, like motivation etc.

I mostly worry about a weird adsense ban, i dont think youtube has a reason to demonetize the channel yet(until they make more stricked the rules).
My main question here is, if im going to get banned from adsense, does it matter if im with adsense or a youtube network, or the chances are the same.
Thanks for yout time!

Last year I and lot of others users experienced the massive youtube ban (I lost like all my 10-20 accounts that were with adsense). I couldn't figure out what was the reason. So if all my youtube channels (partnered to adsense) were banned, I decided to buy 2 new monetization enabled accounts and unfortunately they got banned too. I didn't even upload any video there (or did other activities) but still got banned. I think the problem is my adsense account which caused this.

I found something useful about the copyright strikes from YouTube Help Forum
Buying and/or selling YouTube accounts is a violation of YouTube's TOS. If YouTube figured out that those accounts had been purchased, that might have been the reason those two were killed.

Also from the YouTube Help section titled "Account Terminations"...

"Users whose accounts have been terminated are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other Google Accounts."

YouTube is finally enforcing this rule and taking a hard line on it. Once you had a single channel terminated, you were no longer allowed to use Google Services of any type.

@AlexKaltsMotivation What other channels do or get away with has no bearing on your own channel's situation. Please see my pinned thread from last year titled "The Responsibilities Of An Internet Broadcaster".

Buying and/or selling YouTube accounts is a violation of YouTube's TOS. If YouTube figured out that those accounts had been purchased, that might have been the reason those two were killed.

Also from the YouTube Help section titled "Account Terminations"...

"Users whose accounts have been terminated are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other Google Accounts."

YouTube is finally enforcing this rule and taking a hard line on it. Once you had a single channel terminated, you were no longer allowed to use Google Services of any type.

@AlexKaltsMotivation What other channels do or get away with has no bearing on your own channel's situation. Please see my pinned thread from last year titled "The Responsibilities Of An Internet Broadcaster".

Wow!
I never knew that. I thought the ban was confined to YouTube but others were still accessible.

Thank you

Wow!
I never knew that. I thought the ban was confined to YouTube but others were still accessible.

Thank you
It depends, I got some of my google accounts entirely banned (gmail, youtube etc) while my other accounts just don't have access to youtube because the channel is terminated but gmail is still working.

huh this thread was actually extremely educational, and has taught me alot about rules.

Half the time on youtube I feel like I'm walking on egg shells X( and I don't even think I'm doing anything wrong

Back