Copyright Claim

richard83

Liking YTtalk
Hi,

This person downloads one of my video, removes audio and does his own voice recording over it. I have submitted a copyright claim 3 days ago. For those who has done this before, how long does Youtube take to remove it?

Thanks!

Glad it was taken down, but I'm surprised it took so long. When I put claims in, the offending videos seem to typically be removed in about 2 hours, the longest a day and a half, the shortest about 30 minutes.

Hi,

This person downloads one of my video, removes audio and does his own voice recording over it. I have submitted a copyright claim 3 days ago. For those who has done this before, how long does Youtube take to remove it?

Thanks!
I love your channel. No wonder why the guy stole your footage. I'm actually considering getting the Xiaomi Note 4. I'm really glad for your sake that the stolen video was taken down. It's good to know that YouTube gives support like this to the creators.

That person's video has already been taken down. Mods please close this thread. Thanks!

It's taken a lot longer in recent times because of the sheer amount of reuploading going on now. I had the fun task of filing over 100 claims in the past week and some of them took 3 days.

Glad it was taken down, but I'm surprised it took so long. When I put claims in, the offending videos seem to typically be removed in about 2 hours, the longest a day and a half, the shortest about 30 minutes.

I have read that it can take almost a few months for some channels. I'm happy that it's taken down now, seems like his channel was terminated too.

It's taken a lot longer in recent times because of the sheer amount of reuploading going on now. I had the fun task of filing over 100 claims in the past week and some of them took 3 days.

Wow! How did you manage to find those that has been reuploading your content? I happened to find mine by chance though. Can we apply for Content ID?

I love your channel. No wonder why the guy stole your footage. I'm actually considering getting the Xiaomi Note 4. I'm really glad for your sake that the stolen video was taken down. It's good to know that YouTube gives support like this to the creators.

Thanks! The Redmi Note 4 video was the video that was copied haha! I have started to include my face as well as adding a watermark and my channel banner in my videos too. Little things to protect my content and it's easier for Youtube to verify too. BTW that phone is good for it's price!

I have read that it can take almost a few months for some channels. I'm happy that it's taken down now, seems like his channel was terminated too.

Wow! How did you manage to find those that has been reuploading your content? I happened to find mine by chance though. Can we apply for Content ID?

Thanks! The Redmi Note 4 video was the video that was copied haha! I have started to include my face as well as adding a watermark and my channel banner in my videos too. Little things to protect my content and it's easier for Youtube to verify too. BTW that phone is good for it's price!
I did some more research and since only one company imports it here, it is very expensive in South Africa, relatively speaking.

Back to the topic, the watermark and face ideas are very good. A decent watermark could actually make your video look more professional although that really depends on the watermark. I hope nobody steals your videos again! :D

Back