Content ID for in-game background music

pupleswordfish

Hey all, I am new to the forums. So, if I'm in the wrong place or this has been answered before, I apologize. I recently uploaded a video of myself playing a videogame demo and giving commentary of the game while playing and a review at the end. The problem that came up is that two songs that in the background during gameplay came up flagged in the Content ID system. One didn't look so bad, stating that the creator would just run ads on my video. The other was a bit scarier, stating that it would block my video from view in 3 different countries.

Without thinking, I disputed both stating that it was fair use considering I was reviewing and commenting on the game demo, not the music. After thinking about it for a while, I believe this might have been a bad idea. Apparently, this can now lead to a copyright strike and possible deletion of my account/videos. The idea of losing the ability to upload a video longer than 15 minutes is another scary one. I do want to state that I don't monetize my videos (never have and probably never will), so I'm not making a dime off of any of my videos. I just don't want my channel deleted.

Is there any way to retract my dispute? What are the odds I get a copyright strike or have my channel altogether deleted? Any help from someone more experienced would be greatly appreciated.

Yes it was answered here already, actually by and just few days ago.

You will get a strike and lose most privileges for 6 months, during which if you get 2 more strikes then your youtube acc will be banned.

Can I delete the video in question and avoid the strike? My dispute has not been responded to as of yet.

If you delete the video the claim goes away.

There is a difference between a copyright claim and a copyright strike. A strike is when the video is removed from youtube due to copyright and you have three strikes before the channel gets deleted.

To avoid claims like this many youtubers lowers the game music so you cna hardly hear if over the commentary.

If you delete the video the claim goes away.

There is a difference between a copyright claim and a copyright strike. A strike is when the video is removed from youtube due to copyright and you have three strikes before the channel gets deleted.

To avoid claims like this many youtubers lowers the game music so you cna hardly hear if over the commentary.

Thank you for your reply. So, even though I stupidly disputed, it won't result in a strike? I removed the video completely.

Hey all, I am new to the forums. So, if I'm in the wrong place or this has been answered before, I apologize. I recently uploaded a video of myself playing a videogame demo and giving commentary of the game while playing and a review at the end. The problem that came up is that two songs that in the background during gameplay came up flagged in the Content ID system. One didn't look so bad, stating that the creator would just run ads on my video. The other was a bit scarier, stating that it would block my video from view in 3 different countries.

Without thinking, I disputed both stating that it was fair use considering I was reviewing and commenting on the game demo, not the music. After thinking about it for a while, I believe this might have been a bad idea. Apparently, this can now lead to a copyright strike and possible deletion of my account/videos. The idea of losing the ability to upload a video longer than 15 minutes is another scary one. I do want to state that I don't monetize my videos (never have and probably never will), so I'm not making a dime off of any of my videos. I just don't want my channel deleted.

Is there any way to retract my dispute? What are the odds I get a copyright strike or have my channel altogether deleted? Any help from someone more experienced would be greatly appreciated.

You can also use youtube audio remover tool and keep the video up

Back