Content ID: Am I in the wrong?

osai789

Liking YTtalk
I posted an hour of GTA V gameplay yesterday to show the capabilities of the HDPVR 2. Shortly after, I get slammed with copyright claims from various recording studios. I disputed them all, but there is this pesky company in particular(beggars), that claim they are attempting to protect their rights after I have explained to them numerous times that the gameplay is fair use because I am uploading the gameplay to educate potential buyers of the PVR2 about the quality of the recordings. Am I in the wrong?

If there is music involved from the game you will most likely get a claim since the music from the game belongs to their respective creators and not to Rockstar

Well in the AUDIO issue, I would suggest add Royalty free music on ur gameplay video so that music isn't matched :D
Shorten ur HDPVR2 videos, use jump cuts wherever necessary, this way u will reduce the copyright claims :D

does the game GTA allow their videos to be on YouTube?

Not by policy, no. However Rockstar also doesn't enforce it.

This isn't an issue with Rockstar. The channel just didn't bother to turn off the in-game music before recording which is always a best practice when doing any game with licenced music (GTA, Saints Row, Brutal Legend, etc.)

Back