Connecting your videos together?

Do you connect older videos to your newer ones for extra traffic?

• Total voters

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
How many of you have tried connecting your videos to older ones? What I mean is, when you make your new video, you try and link it to a much older one on your channel. People do this in various ways; some mention the old video and leave an annotation, some always leave a link to a "random" old video at the end of their new ones, some leave old videos as video responses. I do this from time to time, but I've found that I'm getting less and less success from this lately. I was curious how many of you do this, and if so, how much success you've gotten from it. Thanks!

i try to do it often, but i dont find success often. i assume its cuz my audience isnt that big or that they've seen the vid alrdy (i usually put a vid that i posted the week b4

i try to do it often, but i dont find success often. i assume its cuz my audience isnt that big or that they've seen the vid alrdy (i usually put a vid that i posted the week b4
Yeah, that's not a good enough time distance. I've seen people do it for videos posted months or even years ago, if they've been around that long. I normally wait until the video's at least a couple of months old or so. Doing last week's video won't give you much success.

We do it to keep the audience engaged and active when the video is over. But we only do so with select videos, not all of them.

I do and my analytics say my annotations have a higher click through rate than close rate, so I guess it works :)

Back