Commentary Struggles

Spoody

As you all may know, I'm a new YouTube commentator. When i first started the YouTube thing i thought it was going to be easy but it not because being a commentator you need topics.

Question?
To commentators: do you guy, think about what to talk bout for you videos or do you come up with them on the brain.

Maybe plz could you give some advice to me because I made a few commentary videos and at the end of the video i let the gameplay play through.

Should i shorten the gameplay to like 6mins or is 8mins fine. I need great advice please help me.

sometimes i plan what i want to say before preparing and finalizing my video and i mean if you don't have anything else to say then shorten the gameplay down i would say:)

If its a thank you video and I need to fill up the whole gameplay with commentary I plan it out. Like give myself topics to talk abou and I write them down. But if its a casual commentary while playing I come up with them on the spot.

If its a thank you video and I need to fill up the whole gameplay with commentary I plan it out. Like give myself topics to talk abou and I write them down. But if its a casual commentary while playing I come up with them on the spot.
I dont know hot to come up with topic on the spot, how did you do it. and keep the talking flowing

I dont know hot to come up with topic on the spot, how did you do it. and keep the talking flowing
Well it's a skill you develop over time. In the beginning it'll seem monotone and not flowing correctly but as you go on you develop the skill to keep it flowing.

I just sit down and think for a minute about what I want to talk about and write it down. I don't think I'm very good at post commentaries (which is why I like to do mostly live comms) but if I do try to talk over a gameplay, then that's usually what I try to do.

If there are certain points you want to make sure you don't forget try making a few note on an index card or your cell phone next to your gaming, then you can glance down during cuts scenes or whatever to refresh your memory. :)

Back