Commentary or no?

Do commentary! That's the only way to make gameplay videos entertaining!

With commentary you get to make your personality a part of your videos and should bring more viewers in the long run ;)

As a matter of fact, you kinda must do commentary. Otherwise you could get some copyright issues.

b******t! Commentary or not it doesn't matter for copyright issues. You just need to avoid the notorious, harsh, f*cking game companies that strikes video's(Sega!!! avoid). Ubi-Soft is one of few companies that is (very) friendly with uploading gaming content(commentary or not).

I have almost 1000 gaming video's with no commentary and never had strikes, oke content-id matches but's that's fine. Just read the company's Youtube policy or e-mail them and you should be fine.

Well, if it doesn't matter, why did you state you have to avoid games from certain companies? Not so much b******t after all, I guess.

OKay so I started a new channel dedicated to call of duty zombies my question is do people want pure gameplay or should I do commentary aswell?
As someone who doesn't play video games, I prefer to watch gamers who talk throughout the game, especially if they have funny/snarky commentary. I'm not sure what gamers themselves prefer to watch, though.

Now,whether or not you think you have anything interesting to say all depends on you. If you dont think you can, dont do commentary, it'll bore the viewer and make them leave. BUT if you do and its funny or interesting for the viewer to continue listening, then do it. But it all depends on whether you can talk about something while playing.

Back