Commentary Is It Really Needed?

Keystone

So ive been wondering is commentary really needed for gaming channels or is that just what people like to do? Ive got a pretty good gameplay that i want to put on my channel but havent yet because i just dont know what to talk about. Should i actually write something down? Can i put music overtop if its royalty free stuff?

How do you guys plan your commentarys?

So ive been wondering is commentary really needed for gaming channels or is that just what people like to do? Ive got a pretty good gameplay that i want to put on my channel but havent yet because i just dont know what to talk about. Should i actually write something down? Can i put music overtop if its royalty free stuff?

I don't plan. I just play, and ramble. I also get drunk if I'm gaming on a weekend lol.

Your not really allowed post gameplay at all without being in a network, but youtube turns a blind eye as If you have commentary then you own the right to the audio but not the visual, if you don`t you could get a strike because you own no rights, plus you have no hope of getting into a network without commentary on your gameplay :)

Commentary IS necessary if you're planning on partnering your channel with one of the networks. You can do 2 types of commentary : live and post recording commentary.
Live - Commentating while playing the game.
Post recording - Commentating (preferably scripted) on the video that you made.
So it's up to you to decide what do you want to do. You can put royalty free music over the video of course.
As for me,I don't plan either,I just press that record button and go wild...joke I'm usually scared like a lil bit*h.

Your not really allowed post gameplay at all without being in a network, but youtube turns a blind eye as If you have commentary then you own the right to the audio but not the visual, if you don`t you could get a strike because you own no rights, plus you have no hope of getting into a network without commentary on your gameplay :)
If you do not monotize the video then its free advertisement for the game so the almost never bother with it

If you do not monotize the video then its free advertisement for the game so the almost never bother with it
Thats not how they think at all. Thats like saying I can post RWJ`s videos to my channel without asking because it would give him free advertisement....

its necesary for gameplays because if you not, u might get an strike for copyright, the commentary help a lot and it can be calim as a fair use.. also if you dont do commentary an d planning to partner in the future u will b not able. u will need to delete all the videos that doenst have commentary to b able to partner..

One thing that I saw Criken2 get away with, if you don't like the idea of speaking, is funny subtitles in place of spoken words. I don't know if rules have changed on this, or whether it's a grey area, but it could work!

One thing that I saw Criken2 get away with, if you don't like the idea of speaking, is funny subtitles in place of spoken words. I don't know if rules have changed on this, or whether it's a grey area, but it could work!
idk anout youtube itself but if you/he or anyone wants to partner a gameplay channel they need to have commentary.. ;-)

Back