Coming Back After 5 Months.

IPPimp

Unfortunately, i was forced to leave my youtube channel a while back due to finnacial reasons. Ever since then I've wanted to get back into youtube, but with a different idea for my channel than before. Im simply asking for advice on a few different things. I only have 66 subscribers so I'm hoping these changes won't be too detrimental to me. So I'm asking for advice on a couple of questions.

1: Should I create a new youtube channel name? (Im not really content with the whole ippimp thing)
2: Should I private some of my old videos? (They were overall pretty bad, aswell as not matching the current content i want to produce)

I would say yes to both. If you don't like your name then definitely change it. You want something to be proud of and something like that would annoy me. If it wasn't for the fact that mine is a joke to something that happened in my life I would get rid of it immediately so at least you have that power.

If the videos are bad and not matching your content then you don't want them to discourage future subs. Think if a potential subscriber comes to your channel and the thing they click on is completely different to what you do now and they don't like it so click off, whereas if they clicked on to one of your new ones they might have liked and subbed. I am in the process of deleting videos as I go along after changing my channels direction and I definitely feel happier with it all being smarter and less cluttered too. People will say keep them so it is whatever you feel more comfortable with, I understand both arguments.

Everything you do on your channel should be something you are proud of. If you think both will improve your channel then it needs to be done. We don't live on a Youtube where smaller Youtubers can get away with things. If someone doesn't like something on your channel they will be able to click off and find many others that doesn't have that thing.

I would say yes to both. If you don't like your name then definitely change it. You want something to be proud of and something like that would annoy me. If it wasn't for the fact that mine is a joke to something that happened in my life I would get rid of it immediately so at least you have that power.

If the videos are bad and not matching your content then you don't want them to discourage future subs. Think if a potential subscriber comes to your channel and the thing they click on is completely different to what you do now and they don't like it so click off, whereas if they clicked on to one of your new ones they might have liked and subbed. I am in the process of deleting videos as I go along after changing my channels direction and I definitely feel happier with it all being smarter and less cluttered too. People will say keep them so it is whatever you feel more comfortable with, I understand both arguments.

Everything you do on your channel should be something you are proud of. If you think both will improve your channel then it needs to be done. We don't live on a Youtube where smaller Youtubers can get away with things. If someone doesn't like something on your channel they will be able to click off and find many others that doesn't have that thing.
Thanks for your insight man, I really appreciate it .

Back