Collaborating is a great way to grow

Liam O’Doyle

At the beginning of 2018, I selfishly decided I needed my face on other people’s channels to increase exposure. I had already collaborated in a couples Q&A with a channel i was regularly talking to, even on the phone as our relationship had become a friendship. I saw these guys tagging other channels on twitter and realised they were all small channels, and would all benefit from getting on other people’s channels.

I put an idea forward to all of them, and a couple on Instagram. Basically i asked them all if they would send me 1 minute if footage of themselves talking about “what it means to be part of the YouTube Community”.

To my surprise, all of them said yes... and Sunday just gone... we ALL uploaded the same video that I edited, a collage of allcof us in on video. We all linked each others channels in the description. And already, subscribers are creeping from channel to channel.

It’s been such an exciting experience, for me especially as I got it off the ground and edited. I feel so grateful to them all for being a part of this.

Just wanted to share the experience on here to maybe inspire others to do the same.

GET NETWORKING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes! a lot of channels i'm subscribed to i've found because of smaller youtubers supporting eachother and sharing eachothers content/achievements

At the beginning of 2018, I selfishly decided I needed my face on other people’s channels to increase exposure. I had already collaborated in a couples Q&A with a channel i was regularly talking to, even on the phone as our relationship had become a friendship. I saw these guys tagging other channels on twitter and realised they were all small channels, and would all benefit from getting on other people’s channels.

I put an idea forward to all of them, and a couple on Instagram. Basically i asked them all if they would send me 1 minute if footage of themselves talking about “what it means to be part of the YouTube Community”.

To my surprise, all of them said yes... and Sunday just gone... we ALL uploaded the same video that I edited, a collage of allcof us in on video. We all linked each others channels in the description. And already, subscribers are creeping from channel to channel.

It’s been such an exciting experience, for me especially as I got it off the ground and edited. I feel so grateful to them all for being a part of this.

Just wanted to share the experience on here to maybe inspire others to do the same.

GET NETWORKING!

THATS A AMAZING IDEA im really interested in it

I think it's a great idea too - once you can find the right people to collaborate with in your niche. The best channels in my niche are way bigger, and the ones near my size that I've found, just are not a fit.

GET NETWORKING!

networking = must. looking forward to connecting with you

Back