Closing a video vs disliking a video

I feel I should inform y'all now that I don't make a habit of disliking videos, I think I might have disliked three in my lifetime hahaha. I'm proud to hear you guys aren't big dislikes either. Clearly I've been mislead by the trolls of the internet. At the same time I don't feel guilty about disliking the videos I have disliked because, hey, that's what the buttons there for.

I almost never dislike a video unless the person is being offensive or a troll. If I do dislike I a video, I almost always leave a comment saying why.

Yeah I think leaving a comment saying why you've disliked is important too!

I don't think I've ever disliked a video, I always tend to click on a related video or just head back to the homepage :)

I only dislike a video if it was awful, I won't always like it.. but that doesn't mean I'm gonna hit the thumbs down.

Sometimes I feel the need to dislike if I've seen one of their generic advertising comments on another YouTube videos and their content isn't "the greatest call of duty gameplay commentary you'll ever see" etcetera..

What makes me dislike the video if people are arrogant. Like I watch alot of competitive call of duty videos, and some players know they're good in a way that they say stuff like 'they're the best' and s**t like that. Just annoys me. Thats me anyway :)

I don't think I've ever actually bothered to dislike a video, but I think the only time when I would is if someone's being so goddamn ignorant that it gives me a brain aneurysm.

So say you're watching a YouTube video and you're in that crucial period where you're making your mind up about whether you like it or not...what is the thing that makes you go: "Ugh, no" and click that lovely little X button in the top right hand corner? And, what is the thing that ticks you off so much you have to dislike?

For me I tend to close videos that are awkward, that have a lot of "umms" and "ahhs" in them. The ones that are poorly edited, take forever to get to the point expressed in the title, or are just awful quality. Also something I've come across lately are videos where there's a lot of screaming for no reason . Not loud talking/shouting - actual screaming...I can't deal with that.

What makes me DISLIKE a video is bitchiness towards other YouTubers. Especially famous ones. Fair enough if you have a general reason for disliking them but for me if you're just gonna b***h about how "Jenna Marbles doesn't really do anything" or how "the RoosterTeeth guys are douchebags" then I'm just like "people like them for their personalities, fair enough if you don't 'get it' but that's no need to be super bitter just because you're not as famous and if you honestly can't understand that's why they have so many views then you're an idiot."

Just my personal opinion, other than that I'll see anything through hehe.

What about you guys?

Depends of the video, for example I dislike videos that are put out there just to occupy space on youtube servers like 240p movies where nothing happens

There's nothing worse than an awkward video because you kinda want to give it a chance so you just sit there wincing and waiting for the YouTuber to get comfortable and relax and when they don't you just feel bad for them. I'd never dislike in that case because that's just plain mean.

Back