Claiming Video?

Chase Butler

Filmmaker - Vlogger
Ok so I just got one of my channels partnered with a network, and now on video settings I have this
5eeacd12d3af7f31c94de317a426f7f0.png

Can someone tell me about some of this? :)

You know how on other videos you'd watch from big name youtubers an ad shows up either a short commercial or a banner you can close?

When you see that on your videos when they are played then it's monetized.

[NEVERMIND the above, not related to thread question] :confused:

Sweet! Thanks :D[DOUBLEPOST=1365125053,1365124976][/DOUBLEPOST]
You know how on other videos you'd watch from big name youtubers an ad shows up either a short commercial or a banner you can close?

When you see that on your videos then it's monetized.
Yeah I know how to monetize on non network channels, but now that I'm with a network I didn't know what "Video Claiming" was :)

Sweet! Thanks :D[DOUBLEPOST=1365125053,1365124976][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I know how to monetize on non network channels, but now that I'm with a network I didn't know what "Video Claiming" was :)

Video claiming is similar to monetizing, except, when you claim, if your content is uploaded and not edited, your ads will display on their videos, because you have a claimon that content.

That's how a lot of people get away with uploading music videos on their channel.

Video claiming is similar to monetizing, except, when you claim, if your content is uploaded and not edited, your ads will display on their videos, because you have a claimon that content.

That's how a lot of people get away with uploading music videos on their channel.
So if someone re-uploads my video it puts ads on it and I get the money?

Back