Chrome for Uploading

Axiege

Super Poster
So, I was an exclusive Google Chrome user for quite some time. Recently, however, it has been giving me problems in multiple places, especially YouTube. What'll happen for me, is that when uploading a video through Chrome, it will take up all my bandwidth (with no noticeable speed increase). I can't save information settings like the title or description, it won't load a list of my playlists to add it to, I can't surf any other websites while this is happening, and my brother's PS3 will entirely lose connection too. Since that began I've been using Firefox for uploads, and it works just fine, it's just dumb that Google can't get their own browser working right with their own website and I'd rather not have to use a different browser (so I might just end up switching entirely back to Firefox).

Has anyone else experienced this or does Google just hate me?

So, I was an exclusive Google Chrome user for quite some time. Recently, however, it has been giving me problems in multiple places, especially YouTube. What'll happen for me, is that when uploading a video through Chrome, it will take up all my bandwidth (with no noticeable speed increase). I can't save information settings like the title or description, it won't load a list of my playlists to add it to, I can't surf any other websites while this is happening, and my brother's PS3 will entirely lose connection too. Since that began I've been using Firefox for uploads, and it works just fine, it's just dumb that Google can't get their own browser working right with their own website and I'd rather not have to use a different browser (so I might just end up switching entirely back to Firefox).

Has anyone else experienced this or does Google just hate me?
Ive been a Chrome user since a year after its been released and ive never had 1 single problem with it. Ive never heard such a thing. I had maybe 1 problem with Firefox which is why im a Chrome user, i love Chrome:D

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing? Maybe uninstalling it, going to the folders on your HD and deleting files then trying a 'fresh' new installation?

I used chrome on my old computer. I tried it on this one but I like Internet Explorer better now

I have been using Chrome for uploading and it works just fine. Umm, that's very weird.

Ive been a Chrome user since a year after its been released and ive never had 1 single problem with it. Ive never heard such a thing. I had maybe 1 problem with Firefox which is why im a Chrome user, i love chrome:D

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing? Maybe uninstalling it, going to the folders on your HD and deleting files then trying a 'fresh' new installation?

I tried that in an attempt to fix other problems that refused to go away still. Facebook occasionally freezes, and when it does it can freeze my entire computer momentarily. Other sites freeze up too, like Giant Bomb, and I'm not sure where a common cause may lie. I should give it another try though.

Shouldn't google chrome be easier to use with YouTube. They're both google products, so that would make sense...

I tried that in an attempt to fix other problems that refused to go away still. Facebook occasionally freezes, and when it does it can freeze my entire computer momentarily. Other sites freeze up too, like Giant Bomb, and I'm not sure where a common cause may lie. I should give it another try though.
Yeah try uninstalling it, go to your hard drive, deleting every file that was left over from when you uninstalled Chrome. Then do a whole new installation an see what that does. Thats what i had to do with Firefox because on start up, it was a little delayed. I did exactly what im telling you here and it was fast again.

Do other browsers work? If not you may have a virus or malware OR maybe you just need to get better connection. (not being mean)

Do other browsers work? If not you may have a virus or malware OR maybe you just need to get better connection. (not being mean)

My connection is fine, great actually. I regularly sweep for malware and clean up my computer so there shouldn't be anything wrong on my end. I just reinstalled Chrome and it froze as soon as I tried to load Facebook, which is something I need to fix with it as well anyway. I'll try uninstalling and wiping out the leftover stuff next.

Back