chromakey or no chroma key

Elmo_B_Jockomo

I have not yet put together any videos but my premise is like a newscast of sorts where I want to have points of interest videos playing in a background window or background while I comment on them.
Do I need to produce with Chroma key or is this an outdated process. As I go through the editing process which would be the best software to use and does Chroma key come with it or do I need to be special software for that. I am just starting out and I have a budget of about 2,000.00 to get started with software and production products. Any ideas?

Do you need chroma key? No. Will it improve your video in some way? That's up to you.

You may have a plan for chroma key that you really like as you think adds to the video, but if you're just shoving a chroma key up there for the pure sake of it I would advise against it under the premise that it's been done to death and makes your video much more forgettable than a personalised set.

But that being said you're using it for a purpose of showing clips of what you're talking about, I would just say that personally I think it's much easier and more effective to do the whole jump cut to video of what you're talking about with your voice continuing over the scene. But yeah you do have a valid reason for a chroma key, imo I'm just not sure it's worth

Back