Choosing an LP Game? It's EASY!

GuruguyGaming

I don't read every forum topic on these boards but I've seen people asking how to drive viewers to their channel. On Google I've seen that some people have a hard time picking a game for an LP as well. And I think that these two problems correlate.

As many people have stated before me, I think it's important to pick a game that you really enjoy or are knowledgeable on but also keep in mind how relevant the game is in search results.

For example, if you do a LP on Hello Kitty Island Adventure you may have excellent content, but bc the game lacks popularity you may never see views.

On the other hand GTA San Andreas might be a better choice right now bc the phrase GTA or Gran Theft Auto might allow you more views because it is relevant to GTA 5 being released soon and you may see more views coming in to that LP.

In summary, I think it's a good way to maximize your views if you choose games that are either relevant to new releases or are searchable by people seeking nostalgia.

Opinions?

I don't read every forum topic on these boards but I've seen people asking how to drive viewers to their channel. On Google I've seen that some people have a hard time picking a game for an LP as well. And I think that these two problems correlate.

As many people have stated before me, I thin it's important to pick a game that you really enjoy or are knowledgeable on but also keep in mind how relevant the game is in search results.

For example, if you do a LP on Hello Kitty Island Adventure you may have excellent content, but bc the game lacks popularity you am never see views.

On the other hand GTA San Andreas might be a better choice right now bc the phrase GTA or Gran Theft Auto might allow you more views because it is relevant to GTA 5 being released soon as you may see more views going coming in to that LP.

In summary, I think it's a good way to maximize your views if you choose games that are either relevant to new releases or are searchable by people seeking nostalgia.

Opinions?

Agreed in a sense. If I did Blops 2 I'd probably have triple the views but luckily indie games are popular right now so my channel isn't suffering right now :D

I KIND OF agree. Not totally, but a little. I think it's more important to pick a good content game then a popular game. If you pick a popular game, but are bored with it, your quality will be poor, and nobody will sub. Sure, your videos might get people to come to them, but they won't stick around. If you pick an unpopular game, you may get considerably less views, but people will be more likely to enjoy your content, and are more likely to stick around.

I would never LP a game that I didn't like. What's the point in LP'ing the game if you don't like it? I choose to LP games that I enjoy. If you're on YouTube for just views/subscribers you're going to get pretty disappointed when you don't get the views you're hoping for. Everyone is playing Call of Duty now on YouTube because they all know that it's going to get a decent amount of views. A lot of "famous" commentators on YouTube have steered away from Call of Duty because they've realized that Activision is a piece of crap. iPwnStar4Hire, he was away from Call of Duty from the middle of MW3's life cycle, and he started uploading a lot of Battlefield 3. He is still uploading Battlefield 3, but when Black Ops 2 came out, he seen how Treyarch advanced Call of Duty. Unfortunately, Infinity Ward and Treyarch have yet to find a way to make Call of Duty less repetitive.

ex. I would never LP any Call of Duty game made by Infinity Ward. Why? Infinity Ward makes every Call of Duty game they make the same. Excluding Call of Duty 4 because that game was made by people in Infinity Ward that have left. Black Ops 1 to Black Ops 2, there was a huge jump in development during that period of time. Plus, Treyarch actually listens to their community. Unlike Infinity Ward. Call of Duty gets a lot of views, but if I don't enjoy playing it, it's not worth it.

Like right now. I'm LP'ing The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time. That is a game that I love and enjoy, so I'm uploading it.
(not trying to promote my channel. simply giving and example)

I seriously think this is the longest post I've made on YTtalk, haha.

Well by taking the info and logic above. I have composed a list of what comes out when and good times to play a game. I also will add the average time of the games so you can base it off your video scheduled. (i.e. 1 hour videos, twice a week on a 4 hour game = 4 videos over 2 weeks, start let's play 2 - 4 weeks before new game comes out. Just an example though)

Dead Space 3, February 5 : Dead Space + Dead Space 2 = About 21 hours of gameplay (dlc for dead space 2 = 1.5 hour)
Crysis 3, February 19 : Crysis + Crysis 2 = About 19 hours
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, February 19 : Metal Gear Solid 4 = 18 hours
Rayman Legends, February 26 : Rayman Origins = 9 hours
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, March 5 : Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations + Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 = 32 hours
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, March 12 : Sniper: Ghost Warrior = 6 hours
Gears of War: Judgment, March 19 : Gears of War + Gears of War 2(+dlc) + Gears of War 3(+dlc) = 29 hours
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, March 26 : Army of Two + Army of Two: The 40th Day = 15 hours
BioShock Infinite, March 26 : Bioshock + Bioshock 2(+dlc) = 29 hours
Dead Island Riptide, April 23 : Dead Island(+dlc) = 20 hours

I used http://howlongtobeat.com/index.php to get the times and I looked up the release dates from a game informer.
*Edit* Added Naruto Shippuden

You could also play Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3.

Yes, I'm a Naruto fan boy, lmao.

Back