Channel Picture vs. Banner

Joshua Blew

Do you think that having your channel art and banner based on the same color have any effect on what a viewer might think of your channel? Does the relationship between color urge someone to subscribe to your channel? Both questions are just out of curiosity.

It's aesthetic appeal. It makes your channel look more professional and well together. It may not directly cause someone to subscribe but it may strike curiosity in a future subscriber to check out your videos. Just a theory seeing I don't even have a banner.

It's aesthetic appeal. It makes your channel look more professional and well together. It may not directly cause someone to subscribe but it may strike curiosity in a future subscriber to check out your videos. Just a theory seeing I don't even have a banner.
Makes sense. I've heard that your supposed to put personal details in your banner, as well as characteristics of your channel. Which do you think is more important?

Makes sense. I've heard that your supposed to put personal details in your banner, as well as characteristics of your channel. Which do you think is more important?

Well, there are people that put in their banner explicitly the kind of channel they have. "VLOGS - MONTAGES - GAMING" Something along that line. This isn't so bad of a branding idea for viewers that are into this kinda stuff. But suppose someone hates vlogs or gaming videos and is instantly offset by your banner. For this purpose, I think just having an eye catching banner forces anyone, no matter their interest, to check out your videos to see if they like it for themselves out of curiosity.

There are strategies that advertisers and promoters follow in order to convey their objective. A simple one being that the color red is inviting, stopping, and attractive to the eye. I'd suggest googling the effects of color on people if you're interested.

Regarding your question, maybe a contrast of colors might be more effective, it's all subjective unless you have statistics to back you up.

Depending on what you're trying to convey it will relate to the colors and styles you use. 'Good,' channel art won't = subs/views, but it is a good way to summarize your entire channel in a quick and pleasing way.

i think the visual appeal is what attracts viewers first and then they read the spiel afterwards to see what you are about. That is how it works for me being a visual person. I have just created a banner for my website today. The only thing i couldn't do was make a white background for the text so it isn't that clear.

I've studied branding quite a lot in the past. Not an expert, but my thoughts on it are that elements should remain connected. There's a logo, and there's a brand identity. The logo is the most basic part of your brand that represents you and you should maintain some element of it (color, etc.) throughout your entire identity. A signature color can be a great way to tie all things related to you, back to your brand.

Back