Channel Growth

Nathan Richards

YTtalk Mad
How are people finding the channel grows? do they find it's exponentially? because surely the logic dictates that the more subs you have the more views you have and the more likely you are to be shared and in front of a bigger audience. Also with more views etc you should be higher in search results (as long as you have the watch time)

Sadly for me I'm finding this isn't really the case and everything has kind of stagnated so was curious about others

It depends on a lot of things, actually. You'll first need to pour some time into sprucing up all of the info attached to your videos. Really fix up your SEO (search that on YouTube) About section, title, tags - the works. That will helps folks find your videos.

Secondly it depends on what type of content you're creating. For instance, if it's gaming related - you're going to have a TON of competition. If it's "clown based gaming" then you've got a more narrow niche. Are millions of people searching Clown Gaming? No, but the hundreds that are will see your videos up first! For example, my series Internet After Dark is a lampoon of mens lifestyle and sexual advice vlog/blogs. I may not rank very high for broad terms like "boobs," but I am on the first page for searches of "Kitten Natividad" - a cult movie actress famous for her 44 inch bust.

And finally, community and real networking is really important. Make real friends and collaborate with them. It's the best way to audience share and grow your channels. No YouTube channel is an island. You need to start building bridges!

Back