Channel grew from 0 subs to 1k subs out of nowhere?

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Can someone please explain this? Someone who recently joined my High School (College in NZ) gave me his channel and his Skype, but he had like 7 videos and very very low views, and quite low quality, so I was suspicious how he just had 1,000 Subscribers. I check his SocialBlade and I find this!?:

Screenshot_2.png

Is this a YouTube bug, legit, or did he bot his Subscribers?

Personally I think he botted since he only just joined, he may have purchased the subs and that's why he brought up the topic on his subs/youtube.

Can you guys please help? I have no idea what happened here.

Can someone please explain this? Someone who recently joined my High School (College in NZ) gave me his channel and his Skype, but he had like 7 videos and very very low views, and quite low quality, so I was suspicious how he just had 1,000 Subscribers. I check his SocialBlade and I find this!?:

Screenshot_2.png

Is this a YouTube bug, legit, or did he bot his Subscribers?

Personally I think he botted since he only just joined, he may have purchased the subs and that's why he brought up the topic on his subs/youtube.

Can you guys please help? I have no idea what happened here.

Most likely paid a few $$ and bought them. Unlikely to stick if that is the case.
Why would someone sub if they haven't viewed your video/s? (216 views vs 1046 subs)

Depends. If his channel is quite old. He could have had more videos before and deleted a lot of them. And socialblade is like that because no one ever checked his channel in socialblade until recently.

Then if his channel is really new, definitely bought them subs. Or an extensive sub4sub happened.

Almost definitely fake if you ask me. especially suspicious if he wanted to talk to you about his subs in a boastful manner too. It's obviously a status thing for him. I'd worry more about how many comments/likes/views he has - like actual people interaction.

Back