Caring for your fans... Ads or no Ads

your a true youtube :)

Thankyou :)[DOUBLEPOST=1368224941,1368224798][/DOUBLEPOST]
if you are a big channel then most would expect ads cause big channels have more views on thier videos but if you have a small channel then it would be best to avoid having ads as much as you can.
I completely agree with this. There are still som,e big youtubers out there that still will put ads on mediocre videos that shouldnt have one but they do it just bcause they know it will get views anyway.. let greed take over you know.[DOUBLEPOST=1368225021][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's the norm now to have ads on videos. I don't think anyone would have a problem with you having ads on your videos.
Maybe but I still wouldnt like it as of right now. I guess more of a consious thing.[DOUBLEPOST=1368225247][/DOUBLEPOST]
It used to be a problem a few years back with ads, but people now understand they help the YT world go around :)
Sure but as it goes because anyone now can get ads placed on vids it makes the value of the ad go down as well wich results in those who do place ads not get a good cpm rate. Which makes them go to networks like maker studios to get more money and we all know how that ended for Ray William Johnson.[DOUBLEPOST=1368225309][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree, I think people are so used to them they don't even think about the fact that it is the youtube channel who chooses to put the ads on.
yea sometimes you do kind of zone out and dont even consider that.[DOUBLEPOST=1368225376][/DOUBLEPOST]
-__- KGATV hmmm you bad boy if the man doesn't want to have ads then he doesn't have to I don't either have them since ive got no need for having them O.O You naughty boy trying to foal a man into adding ads to his videos to make Youtube even more money ttttt this is no good :bounce:
hahahaha XD[DOUBLEPOST=1368225522][/DOUBLEPOST]I really like all the interaction on posts like these. Its just awesome!

thats exacly how i think about it :D
it makes you think if you are of some other value to the youtuber besides a money source.

Well honestly I've gotten over the fact that most youtubers have ads and I realize (at least for the bigger youtubers) that this is how they support themselves/is a part of their income, but if you're a smaller channel you'll be making like 10 cents a video .. not sure if that's worth it, as I know some people don't feel the same way I do.

Well I can understand bigger youtubers that do it but only on videos that are worth it. I shouldnt have to look at an ad and then see your video and its just an update on what future vids you want to do. I call that abusing the views of your subcribers. The smaller channels it dosnt make any sense unless its a viral video. But thats just my opinion.

Honestly you are looking at it the wrong way, if you have a video that goes viral chances are it will not get approved for monetization in time to catch the drift, but to get back to the original question you are looking at this from the uploaders point of view, meaning you hunt for ads where in reality just monetize your video and focus on the content being good enough for people to wait the 5 seconds to skip the ad, it doesn't hurt you and all the people that say it does come with 0 factual evidence to prove their point, its just personally opinions, so unless proven otherwise every single video should be monetized.

I already understand that I would catch all the views before it gets monetized and im okay with that for now. Im just trying to grow a fanbase. On the skip part I have come across alot of vids where the ads on them were not skip able like the movie trailers. And I have to sit there for almost a min and a half to watch a 2 min video which sometimes was not even worth it to me. Either by it being an update vid or a vlog of nonsense when I thought it was something else. But I can understand about having vids monetized for the future though.

I feel like it depends on a few things.

1. Do you have 100k subs and make a living off of your YT channel? Ads are a given. If you have that many subs, you probably put a TON of time into your stuff.

2. Do you have a very small channel and trying to get more subs/viewers? You're at the bottom of the heap and trying to move up. No point in annoying people with ads.

3. My own situation, we just topped 700 subs in the last few days. I don't think that's really anything but, we put around 60 to 90 hours into EACH episode of our web series. So what I do is put all the ads on it except for the non-skippable ads at the beginning. I don't use those anywhere on my channel.

So for us, two out of the four of us are doing this full time and fully intend to make something career wise out of film. We're starting our own advertising campaign outside of YT and submitting stuff to people that are connected in the film/tv industry. I feel like we should acclimate viewers to the small ads right now.

I feel like it depends on a few things.

1. Do you have 100k subs and make a living off of your YT channel? Ads are a given. If you have that many subs, you probably put a TON of time into your stuff.

2. Do you have a very small channel and trying to get more subs/viewers? You're at the bottom of the heap and trying to move up. No point in annoying people with ads.

3. My own situation, we just topped 700 subs in the last few days. I don't think that's really anything but, we put around 60 to 90 hours into EACH episode of our web series. So what I do is put all the ads on it except for the non-skippable ads at the beginning. I don't use those anywhere on my channel.

So for us, two out of the four of us are doing this full time and fully intend to make something career wise out of film. We're starting our own advertising campaign outside of YT and submitting stuff to people that are connected in the film/tv industry. I feel like we should acclimate viewers to the small ads right now.
Again people focus too much on the AD vs NO AD part, put the text ads on every video and leave it alone, nobody cares if they see the text come up from the bottom of the video, the instream earn more but those can cause new viewers to walk away, those are a personal decision, focus should be on quality content not weather to monetize or not, I learned this lesson in one of my youtube channels, I didn't monetize a video it somehow became related to a viral video gained 400,000 views and by the time I applied for monetization It was pretty much dead

Back