Can't respond to some comments

Ava Toy Show

Hi guys, I've had a problem for a long time where I can't respond to some video comments on our videos. I thought it went away for a bit, but today I went through and started replying and encountered it a lot.

When you Google this issue you get lots of stuff about an old problem with Google+ privacy option, not letting people outside of your circles respond to your comments and all that, this isn't the same problem.

What happens :
You'll be replying as normal, all is well, then you reply to somebody else and press the `reply` text button on the comment, write out your reply, and then when you press the blue`Reply` button to send it, it just flicks (box refreshes), and doesn't send, so you press it again, just flicks... You refresh and it hasn't posted the reply and you've lost the reply that you typed out.

I've been able to respond to these guys before, and their comments are on `always approve`, I've never flagged the users as spammers.

Other channels private message me to say they've had this problem with trying to reply to my comments on their videos, but only some of my comments.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thank you

Are you doing it on the watch page or under the community section of your channel? I have trouble responding to comments sometimes on the video itself (and don't even get me started on the Notifications dropdown...), but usually just being under Video Manager/Community/Comments works for me.

but usually just being under Video Manager/Community/Comments works for me.

I'm doing it under the Community > Comments section. I also tried to do the same comment on the video itself's comment section but the same problem. It's not everybody, just a few guys. It's like there's some kind of limit or logic going on behind the scenes.

I also have noticed a weird glitch or limit with `report spam` too, where the button stops working in a similar way to the `Reply` button. On some days it won't let me mark anything as spam, and other days it'll only allow me to report say 3 comments as spam before stopping me from reporting any others.

If it´s on your own video, I usually go to the comment section on my tabs and comment from there.
I haven´t had a problem replying on comments on other videos though.

I had this on a comment. It was one YouTube held for review with a lot of links in it, so it was listed as spam? But it was a real comment so I approved it. Then when I went to reply to this fellows long comment to me I could not. Couldn't even register a like to show him I had read his long message

I had this on a comment. It was one YouTube held for review with a lot of links in it, so it was listed as spam? But it was a real comment so I approved it.

Yes I think this may be happening with comments that I've approved that were marked as spam, and then forgot that I approved it when I go back to write a reply to it days after.

This happened to me with one comment recently, and it was so weird! No idea why, but I'm glad I'm not alone in this happening.

It's happening to me too since yesterday and it makes no sense. I had a little conversation with this one person and suddenly the reply button stops working, no matter which page I use. :speechless2: Now I'm getting a little worried that he might find it rude that I don't respond. :confused:
Is there any other way to reply?

It has been an intermittent problem for me as well. It really isn't an issue for me when I am trying to comment on somebody else's video but when I can't reply to somebody in my community, that really annoys me.

YERP I've had this very problem, one of the most important things to survive as a small youtuber is interaction and responding to comments is so friggin important. I couldn't respond to some of my most loyal viewers and it drove me insane. I had to send the people in question messages to say I can't respond...it is so annoying but like the people saying above, it's something to do with spam comments!

Back