Canon G7X vs GoPro Hero4 Black?

I will be traveling the world potentially indefinitely starting in a few months and am looking to start a vlogging YT channel and need some advice..

I will start off sailing for about 5-12+ months so would definitely need a GoPro for that, was thinking Hero4 Black?

But eventually will be doing more land based travel and although the G7X seems to be a great option on land should I be worried while venturing into large crowded foreign cities by myself with the large screen showing etc as it seems it would draw a lot of attention?

Versus the smaller more discreet GoPro that I could use for both?

I am obviously worried about video quality as well?

Thoughts?

Hey there,

I've noticed a lot of Vloggers use the cannon even in public so I really wouldn't worry too much about that in particular. Although the go pro would be better probably on this occasion as its a bit sturdier which may be needed if you're doing a lot of travelling :)

-Lloyd

I see the G7X a lot in the USA which I would feel completely fine with just wasn't sure about crowded foreign cities.. anyone else have any thoughts?

I would just get a go pro hero 4 that will do the job. But if you can get both go for it. Also check out the nikon 1 j5.

I have both - Hero4 Black and G7X - When using the Hero4 Black I normally film in Narrow view. I carry both with me.
I do VLOG on the G7X though, probably more than the Hero4 Black.

I have SO many cameras... in fact check one of my videos out if you like, I show what I have and why I now use the Hero 4 Session!!

Back