Can you tell me how she films? Rachel Talbott

PNWmom

Brand new to these boards so i hope this is ok/the place to ask! I am curious about Rachel Talbott's videos. Is it possible to film the way she does without a videographer? Any tips/tricks to create videos that look similar (as a one man show) would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

she definitely has someone helping her out, but i would say you could *maybe* look at means of editing videos to make a tripod video look as if there is some minor motion tracking on it, but i imagine that would translate pretty unnaturally. one of the ways you could get a similar feel to her videos, though, would be to mimic the super light and calm background music that she uses, and using a lighter camera so that you can still kind of film yourself doing things in the same manner whoever is helping her does.

she definitely has someone helping her out, but i would say you could *maybe* look at means of editing videos to make a tripod video look as if there is some minor motion tracking on it, but i imagine that would translate pretty unnaturally. one of the ways you could get a similar feel to her videos, though, would be to mimic the super light and calm background music that she uses, and using a lighter camera so that you can still kind of film yourself doing things in the same manner whoever is helping her does.
Thanks a lot! That really helps

Thanks a lot! That really helps

i hope so!! i would also definitely recommend looking into softboxes or using the natural lighting around your home to mimic the softness of her videos. everything seems super natural and calm, so i would just do your best to set up an atmosphere of peacefulness in your videos before you start filming!! candles, flowers, etc, everything you can do to make your space more inviting and cozy for your videos! i love her channel so i definitely am inspired by the kind of zen mindfulness of her videos as well :)

but i would say you could *maybe* look at means of editing videos to make a tripod video look as if there is some minor motion tracking on it, but i imagine that would translate pretty unnaturally.

You could also bribe a friend with some food and have them operate the camera for you.

Back