Can you spare a minute and 5 seconds? Need review of channel trailer.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
What do you think? Subscribe worthy?

I've tried to be honest about what I am going to do with my channel and have injected all my personality into it, I don't have a great deal of it apparently.

Thanks

I think the trailer is great. It gets the point across on what your channel is about, the greenscreening is well handled and the video is nice and clear.
The one problem is your audio could use a bit of an update. Consider getting a small lavalier mic
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technic...=UTF8&qid=1456244285&sr=8-3&keywords=lavalier
I have a friend who works for USA Today in audio/video, and he suggested that as a good starting point. I use it in my videos and have been very happy with it.

I like it, but at the same time I feel like it could be better.
Here's why:

I don't feel like I should wait 36 seconds for you to introduce your self. I like all the stuff that you said, but I want to know your name first. At the same time I like it though. This probably isn't helping. hahaha

Conceptional idea, amazing, like that whole factor of a realistic cooking channel is always helpful. i do somewhat agree with the above comments in terms of audio, i feel the audio itself isn't that bad more just you're trying to a lot in a very little time and it thus allows for words to be lost, i have a similar problem during debates. the name thing i do not feel is that big a deal, i mean your name is in the channel name so it's all cool. A quite question, how does one make a video their trailer? Thanks. wouldn't mind if you gave my latest video a quick review if you wouldn't mind or not.

I think the trailer is great. It gets the point across on what your channel is about, the greenscreening is well handled and the video is nice and clear.
The one problem is your audio could use a bit of an update. Consider getting a small lavalier mic
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technic...=UTF8&qid=1456244285&sr=8-3&keywords=lavalier
I have a friend who works for USA Today in audio/video, and he suggested that as a good starting point. I use it in my videos and have been very happy with it.

Thanks - budget is a real problem for me but that mike looks pretty good, I'll need to give it a try. I think I might try and use the other camera to record the audio in the mean time - It seems to sound less muffled than the canon mic does. Also having it closer to me will make a nice difference.

The green screen I pulled off by the skin of my teeth to be honest, you can see it eating away at my glasses in places - Haven't quite got that down with the even lighting (I had it facing the window so I was dependant on nature for my light that and a lamp so different temperatures to deal with and some soft shadow behind me. Sigh. Glad it wasn't too bad though.)

I like it, but at the same time I feel like it could be better.
Here's why:

I don't feel like I should wait 36 seconds for you to introduce your self. I like all the stuff that you said, but I want to know your name first. At the same time I like it though. This probably isn't helping. hahaha

I did have the introduction at the beginning - and I might move it there in the end - but I moved it to later on because I wanted to get right into the usp of my channel before people get past 5 seconds. Your criticism is helping though. Thank you.

Conceptional idea, amazing, like that whole factor of a realistic cooking channel is always helpful. i do somewhat agree with the above comments in terms of audio, i feel the audio itself isn't that bad more just you're trying to a lot in a very little time and it thus allows for words to be lost, i have a similar problem during debates. the name thing i do not feel is that big a deal, i mean your name is in the channel name so it's all cool. A quite question, how does one make a video their trailer? Thanks. wouldn't mind if you gave my latest video a quick review if you wouldn't mind or not.

Believe it or not this is a bit of an improvement for me, at least I think. I can be animated irl but infront of the camera my personality seems to have disappeared - I am going to rehearse a little more next time - try and make it slightly more succinct too.

trailer:

1. Go to the channel that you want to manage.
    2. Hover over your channel name and click the edit icon .
    3. Select Change trailer or Remove trailer.
[DOUBLEPOST=1456267252,1456266539][/DOUBLEPOST]
Review return favor:

Ok so I am watching 6 types of football fans and the first thing that occurs to me is the rule of thirds. The rule of thirds is not a hard and fast rule but it is something that I think will make your videos look really good if you do a lot of wide shots like the one in that videos intro (still only at the intro) You have a lot of room to play with in frame which is why I think you being stuck in the middle of it, in this case, is almost jarring - you should put your face in the top third of the screen or to one of the sides - google it because its quite interesting and as a video maker something you should know well.

Audio and clarity are good - i think you might want to edit out the pauses and ums and things, if you do it well it really helps the video move along better which is especially good in youtube because of short attention spans. But even saying that its not too bad just the pace could be faster (which I think I could apply to my own channel too)

All in all I think its pretty good - all the best.

I really like your idea and the way you presented it. I thought the background music complimented the video well. I also liked the use of the green screen. But I noticed you are looking away from the camera quite a bit? I tend to be distracted by frequent movement. (I don't mean to criticize, I tend to move around a lot in my videos.) The Scottish accent is my favorite, but maybe difficult to understand by some if it's quite thick? Hope this didn't seem harsh, I think your channel trailer does a good job of introducing your channel, which is the most important thing!

I really like your idea and the way you presented it. I thought the background music complimented the video well. I also liked the use of the green screen. But I noticed you are looking away from the camera quite a bit? I tend to be distracted by frequent movement. (I don't mean to criticize, I tend to move around a lot in my videos.) The Scottish accent is my favorite, but maybe difficult to understand by some if it's quite thick? Hope this didn't seem harsh, I think your channel trailer does a good job of introducing your channel, which is the most important thing!

Don't worry about being harsh - the harsher you are the better.

I am going to reshoot it and learn my lines better - or at least train myself to look away after I stop talking so I can properly edit it out.

I have no idea how thick my accent is - but it is something I am working on, talking more clearly that is.

I watched your almond vegan cupcake video by the way - I love how colour coordinated everything is - even your clothes. And the cupcakes looked delicious too.

Don't worry about being harsh - the harsher you are the better.

I am going to reshoot it and learn my lines better - or at least train myself to look away after I stop talking so I can properly edit it out.

I have no idea how thick my accent is - but it is something I am working on, talking more clearly that is.

I watched your almond vegan cupcake video by the way - I love how colour coordinated everything is - even your clothes. And the cupcakes looked delicious too.

Thanks! I'm all about color coordination! And the cupcakes were delicious. :) I would definitely recommend uploading a vegan recipe or two on your channel since it's a trendy topic.

Back