Can you get subs and views without.....

Vlogsforall

Can you get subs and views without advertising externally, like on social media etc. Tbh we love the idea of making vlogs but then the idea of having to promote all the time makes me go errgghhh.

So, is it possible to still get views etc without the need for social media or is it an essential part of the process?

Yes but harder.

Cutting social media out of your advertising is cutting out potential viewers, you shouldn't limit the range of places you are willing to advertise.

I wouldn't recommend not advertising. It might seem like a pain in the butt however it does help a lot. Plus it will help you bring in more fans from other places. Like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Best not to limit your fan base. Good luck!

I'd say getting views straight through youtube would be pretty hard. why not advertise? i mean you don't have to go hardcore on advertising on SM but like post it on twitter, post a link on fb etc etc
it all helps !

With the youtube space getting even more crowded now and with its funky algorithm, you can't really trust it to drive new viewers to your videos. Cross platform promotion is unfortunately a necessity in my opinion and also the more places you post it, the higher chances it gets shared out :D

The problem with promoting is that it tends to result in views with very low audience retention because many people will just click out of curiousity and then click away after 10 seconds. Low audience retention means that the algorithm will hate your channel and so you end up having to continue to promote your videos in order to get any views. A viscious circle that many new channels never break out of.

Good SEO and zero promotion + patience is the solution but many new creators don't have the patience. :)

So many threads on here are about using other social media platforms to promote your YouTube channel and videos.
After trial and error, as well as reading other peoples observations, I am convinced that other social media platforms are great for building your brand, but not for building your YouTube channel. I agree wholeheartedly with @Crown, that good SEO and patience are key to building a successful YT channel.

So many threads on here are about using other social media platforms to promote your YouTube channel and videos.
After trial and error, as well as reading other peoples observations, I am convinced that other social media platforms are great for building your brand, but not for building your YouTube channel. I agree wholeheartedly with @Crown, that good SEO and patience are key to building a successful YT channel.

I've noted some mixed success. Doing a "Facebook" promotion just seemed to get me likes and followers on the Facebook page, but very few new viewers. I have noticed that posting in actual groups and communities has helped grow the brand a bit. I've even linked up with a bigger network of international YouTubers on my Subject matter that way, so it's been pretty cool. I think if you're going to promote on Social Media, it has to be "by hand."

IVe has videos get 10k views with no promo. It just depends on the topic and subsequent engagements

My channel actually got to where it is without any social media promo. This is a lucky case, though. Social media is so important, that even if you do get lucky, you should still use it. It'll make sure you get new viewers and your older ones will know when you're posting.

Back