Can someone review my latest gaming video?

Apex Gaming

Intro, Outro, Thumbnail, Video Quality, and whatever else. I also realize there is a bit of lag in two sections of the video, not sure what is causing it as the lag only shows up on video (not while playing). I was thinking maybe it is because I am writing to the same drive I play from.

Intro nice and short very good, quality is good since you already mentioned the lag I don't see a need to. All I would say is add a bit more to the outro maybe links to your other videos, any social media sites you use,etc. Its kinda empty as it is. The thumbnail could use some work as nothing about it really pops out to people (try cooltext.com for some fun fonts) try messing with gimp or photoshop or whatever program you use and seeing what works for you. Over all though for a pure gameplay video its good :)

Nice intro but i would never watch it because there's no commentary if you don't have commentary there's Basically no reason to watch a gaming video (except exception's!) You don't use any eye catching materials in your thumbnails! And in your thumbnails it says "HOW TO DOMINATION" and that's in not even the first or second part of the Title. The Title suggests its a how to video but there's no steps or anything like a how to! There's nothing Really unique about it! its just a normal game of domination without commentary! The video would be 10x Better with commentary! The end card dosen't show anything else than a subscribe button. The desc. is pretty good with social media links and all so nice job on that! Again in your tags there's 'HOW TO" wen it's not. Also you should make a comment like "Thanks for watching like coment and subscribe" or have a question in there having a comment just spices things up! instead of having "NO COMMENTS YET". If you hade a active social media feed it would be more interesting to like or follow id you dident just post your Video wen they come out!

With a little poke around on your channel your home page doesn't have much except uploads and created playlist's! You have a tumblr but don't post it in your social links in your video's? And again except you posting your videos there there isent much. this is a small thing but weird you have tumblr and twitter as social links beside your banner but have facebook as a link? Again no commentary in your video's! You have playlistes witch is nice! But don't promote them on you home page? No channel trailer?

Any ways i did 2 paragraphs :confused: without realising it! sorry if this is a little harsh but anyways xD

Nice intro but i would never watch it because there's no commentary if you don't have commentary there's Basically no reason to watch a gaming video (except exception's!) You don't use any eye catching materials in your thumbnails! And in your thumbnails it says "HOW TO DOMINATION" and that's in not even the first or second part of the Title. The Title suggests its a how to video but there's no steps or anything like a how to! There's nothing Really unique about it! its just a normal game of domination without commentary! The video would be 10x Better with commentary! The end card dosen't show anything else than a subscribe button. The desc. is pretty good with social media links and all so nice job on that! Again in your tags there's 'HOW TO" wen it's not. Also you should make a comment like "Thanks for watching like coment and subscribe" or have a question in there having a comment just spices things up! instead of having "NO COMMENTS YET". If you hade a active social media feed it would be more interesting to like or follow id you dident just post your Video wen they come out!

With a little poke around on your channel your home page doesn't have much except uploads and created playlist's! You have a tumblr but don't post it in your social links in your video's? And again except you posting your videos there there isent much. this is a small thing but weird you have tumblr and twitter as social links beside your banner but have facebook as a link? Again no commentary in your video's! You have playlistes witch is nice! But don't promote them on you home page? No channel trailer?

Any ways i did 2 paragraphs :confused: without realising it! sorry if this is a little harsh but anyways xD

There are successful channels that strictly do no commentary gameplay. The "how to" came in the form of learning by visually seeing how I was defending in the video. A lot of people in AW don't really stay on point or properly defend so it was more of like an example video for defensive gameplay strategy. I have the "like, comment, and subscribe" in the description but I guess I could do a comment when I post. I have a tumblr but I am looking to get rid of it (because it seems to get 0 traffic from outside of tumblr, and not much from in it either) and use something else which is why I partially removed it but forgot to scrub it from the channel completely. I plan to do some commentary videos, but they will likely be in the form of scripted videos; such as reviews, more detailed how to, maybe first impressions at best. I'm surprised you wouldn't watch a video with no commentary, a lot of the time I seek them out because commentators can get annoying with their bad jokes and talking over stuff. The only stuff I really watch with commentary are review and instructional videos.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Intro nice and short very good, quality is good since you already mentioned the lag I don't see a need to. All I would say is add a bit more to the outro maybe links to your other videos, any social media sites you use,etc. Its kinda empty as it is. The thumbnail could use some work as nothing about it really pops out to people (try cooltext.com for some fun fonts) try messing with gimp or photoshop or whatever program you use and seeing what works for you. Over all though for a pure gameplay video its good :)

I am currently using picmonkey.com to make my thumbnails, and I will check out cooltext.com. I was going to add some video links to the outro, but wasn't sure exactly how I wanted it to look yet and wanted to get a new video up so just left it as sub link only for the time being. Thanks for the suggestion and thanks for taking a look.

There are successful channels that strictly do no commentary gameplay. The "how to" came in the form of learning by visually seeing how I was defending in the video. A lot of people in AW don't really stay on point or properly defend so it was more of like an example video for defensive gameplay strategy. I have the "like, comment, and subscribe" in the description but I guess I could do a comment when I post. I have a tumblr but I am looking to get rid of it (because it seems to get 0 traffic from outside of tumblr, and not much from in it either) and use something else which is why I partially removed it but forgot to scrub it from the channel completely. I plan to do some commentary videos, but they will likely be in the form of scripted videos; such as reviews, more detailed how to, maybe first impressions at best. I'm surprised you wouldn't watch a video with no commentary, a lot of the time I seek them out because commentators can get annoying with their bad jokes and talking over stuff. The only stuff I really watch with commentary are review and instructional videos.

Thanks for the feedback. :)
I'm happy you took my comment as constructive criticism!

Not bad, could do with some commentary explaining what you are doing maybe? Main things I noticed was that the Outro was quite downbeat, usually doesn't help make people want to watch more stuff of yours, you want to leave them on a high note I guess?

Just trying to help, seems good overall but I am not much of a dood shooter myself.

Not bad, could do with some commentary explaining what you are doing maybe? Main things I noticed was that the Outro was quite downbeat, usually doesn't help make people want to watch more stuff of yours, you want to leave them on a high note I guess?

Just trying to help, seems good overall but I am not much of a dood shooter myself.

Hmm I guess it is kind of a downbeat, maybe I will look for something more cheerful. Thanks.

Well in a way it's just another C.O.D. video no offence, but you could use something that makes you stand out something special. I can't help you find what tho you'll need to find that yourself.

Back