Can private videos still get strikes?

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm sure how this works. I know with copyright material it's still possible to get a strike even with the video privatized. What if it's your own content and copyright-free but some of the videos do go against community guidelines? Should I just delete the video or it's okay being on private? My previous strike was for a beer video and I'm now concerned about the others. I fought these before, but it never passes.

Last edited:

tubefluence

Reaction score
Website
tubefluence.com
It's best not to risk things. Think about it- YouTube clearly scans videos as they are uploaded, regardless of whether they are uploaded as private, unlisted, or public, as videos get demonetized before they're even fully uploaded all the time.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's best not to risk things. Think about it- YouTube clearly scans videos as they are uploaded, regardless of whether they are uploaded as private, unlisted, or public, as videos get demonetized before they're even fully uploaded all the time.
Exactly. Though I have seen most tubers, when they are getting hit with strikes they set them to private. I always figured Youtube couldn't see them...?