Can I do this in my video?

OzTalksHw

I Love YTtalk
So, I wanna post a 4 second clip from Mean Girls (trust me, you will you understand once the video's done lol), but since the movie is obviously copyrighted, is it possible for my video to be monetized with the 4 second clip in? What if I flip direction of the video, will that do anything?

Thanks all.

Don't have sex or you will get pregnant and die.
Wanna go to Taco Bell?
You go Glencoco!
That is so fetch!

Is it one of those quotes you are going to use? :O

Technically no, any visual or audio could land you with a copyright strike or at least a content claim. You MIGHT be okay (some videos do get away with such things, like my video for e.g. uses certain music without permission but no claims there)

I am not in a network though. Up to you if you wish to risk it :)

Don't have sex or you will get pregnant and die.
Wanna go to Taco Bell?
You go Glencoco!
That is so fetch!

Is it one of those quotes you are going to use? :O

It was Glen COCO!
None for Gretchen Weiners.
Could you try a .gif version of the scene? Or just a picture? You're treading on risky ground here!

ahh, a GIF may work. I am using a voice over. I thought that you could use a 5 second clip of copyrighted material without any montetization issues.[DOUBLEPOST=1373318905,1373318777][/DOUBLEPOST]
Technically no, any visual or audio could land you with a copyright strike or at least a content claim. You MIGHT be okay (some videos do get away with such things, like my video for e.g. uses certain music without permission but no claims there)

I am not in a network though. Up to you if you wish to risk it :)

I am also not in a net work. :/ I'll research this a bit more. I don't want to upload and have it all go to waste. Maybe I might be one of the lucky ones.

tumblr_mdst1wyDqH1rasbnvo1_500.gif

I couldn't resist!!

I got a copyright strike for using a logo of a company I was talking about. Just letting you know that anything that is copyrighted can be claimed as a copyright strike so you are taking a chance hoping that no one claims a copyright violation on you.

I personally hate short, monetized videos because the ad keeps popping up when I'm trying to watch it, but you're fine if you want to do it.

Back