Camstudio

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Is it any good? My problem is my comp is kinda slow. I can record footage off my comp with Camtasia but I always have to make the screen real small, because if I make it too big, Camtasia won't record it right and the recorded video will skip around and such. Does Camstudio do a better job at recording computer footage? Also is it safe to download?

Camtasia is safe to download if you are purchasing it, we don't condone pirating or anything but it's never really safe to download illegal software. Don't get me wrong, Camtasia is a really good recording software, and it shouldn't be to hard on your computer. :p I was able to run Minecraft and Camtasia on a crappy Windows XP Computer, so it shouldn't be to hard on yours (Depending on what Computer you are actually using)

yeah of course. I always feel safe for something purchased, like Camtasia or TurboTax, but I mean Camstudio is downloaded for free. I'm still curious to hear if anyone else has ever used it and what's their stories with it.

yeah of course. I always feel safe for something purchased, like Camtasia or TurboTax, but I mean Camstudio is downloaded for free. I'm still curious to hear if anyone else has ever used it and what's their stories with it.
Well I had no problem using it, the files were always good quality (and I played in a small window to). I never had a real problem with it, file size was also really good. :)

You reffering to Camstudio or Camtasia? Cause yeah, I know all about Camtasia already. I was hoping to use Camstudio as an alternative, at least for recording video.

Like I said do tell. Why a lot worse? This is the kind of stuff I wanna know about.
I've never used it personally, I was told to stay away from it. Apparently it's really hard on your PC, so my bet is if you can't run Camtasia, then running Camstudio is almost impossible.

CamStudio isnt bad but the record files are gonna be huge and it might slow down your computer allot and it doesnt have any real advanages over other softwares and if you close it with alt+f4 to force close your computer screen will keep flashing until you end the flashing program that it uses to record... (which is alittle hard to find....) but it's free... lol

When I use the Camtasia Recorder I find that it lags down the game, but then again in comes with the feature to record webcam and mic at the same time, then put it together in overlay in the Camtasia Editor. It's not that bad but I prefer Fraps and Vegas :).

Back