Camera for Stop Motion Animation

I'm thinking about doing some stop motion animation, but my phone camera shows the figures blurry. Any suggestions and recommendations for a decent (and cheap) camera to use?

Yeah, the nice part about stop motion is since you are importing the pictures to create the video you can get a great quality video because you are using high quality photos! (I have personally never created a full video I have just looked into timelapse and hyperlapse photography.)

When you say Cheap what price range are you looking in? The camera Sir Penguin recommended is in the 100$ price range. I personally prefer to stick with a DSLR if you can afford the extra cash. 1. It allows for more room for expansion down the road by allowing you to get interchangable lenses. 2. I haven't used many point and shoots but I feel a DSLRs allows for more control over the settings (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) Which then allows for more control over the final image.

As far as my recommendations then go for a DSLR camera. You can get a used T3i on Amazon for about 350$. Which is a very solid starter camera and I feel would cover just about everything ya need for stop-motion videos. It also would allow you to use any of the Canon Lens family and get you used to how a Canon DSLR works if you ever chose to upgrade. It would also allow you to shoot in a RAW file type which would allow for more adjustments in post production.

So yeah! Hope that helps some.

Back