Call-To-Action Overlay

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
I did a quick forum search and didn't see this brought up anywhere. I recently associated my YouTube account with my adwords account to try out some video ads. (I got one of those free $100 advertising cards in the mail)

I noticed this new tab, Call-To-Action Overlay, when dealing with monetization on my latest upload and wondered if anyone had tried this feature out. I assume it allows you to put an ad-like popup on your own video?

If anyone has experience with using this I'd be interested to hear what you think.

cta overlay.png

Once your video has been approved, Call-to-action will be displayed. You can do this on every video and I even made a crappy tutorial ages ago if you want to watch it. It's great if your a artist etc.
Try to ignore my voice, so high-pitched back then xD

Oh cool thanks for the info! Seems a sort of strange hidden feature to have, especially considering annotations.
I suppose an advantage might be the ability to link outside of YouTube without special approval.

Exactly, it's great if you want to promote your website for free and you can add a image to make it more appealing to the human eye :D

I had never seen this until you posted this, I will have to have a better look into this as this would be perfect if you can ad your own ads in, I wonder if a banner to YTtalk.com would be allowed, technically if this is true and allowed you might be able to sell your adspace on your videos, now that would be truly awesome, no more need to be partnered at all, contact companies directly! :D

Back