Bump Promo Threads and Update to Promotional Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
24 hours seems pretty long though dude. I know I don't spam my videos...but I am getting punished because I posted a video last night? I think you should cut that 24 hours in half man. Just a suggestion. The bump feature is awesome though!
I dont mind limiting it to 2 threads per day in there, surely hardly any of us will release more than that per day or wish to promote more than 2 a day, what does everyone think? I am willing to make things more flexible for everyone :) It isnt meant to come across as punishment at all.

Reactions: NTWGRay

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont mind limiting it to 2 threads per day in there, surely hardly any of us will release more than that per day or wish to promote more than 2 a day, what does everyone think? I am willing to make things more flexible for everyone :) It isnt meant to come across as punishment at all.
I understand why you are doing it...it sucks when you post a video just to see some a** clown post 6 threads right after you...all threads promoting the same video DERRRR! So I know why you are doing it and it makes sense...just 24 hours seems a bit long.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am going to trial it as 1 a day for a week and see how it goes, if the majority arent happy with it I will make it more and try that out, I was thinking that surely no one releases more than one a day and they could bump any older threads 3 times a day to the top.

Reactions: NTWGRay

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,

I am pleased to announce an awesome new update to the promotional forums, both the Video and Channel Promotion Forum and the Social Media Promotion Forum now have some excellent new features and changes are on their way.

Over the next few hours we will be rolling out our new "Bump Thread" feature within those two forums.

This will give you all the chance to bump any thread to the top of those forums, everyone is limited to 3 thread bumps per day, you can bump any of your own threads.

This will help you all get extra exposure without posting "bump" or anything within the thread and is a free way to get noticed each day and give love to older threads of yours that might have disappeared over time.

Another new feature and quite an important one is that everyone is now limited to a maximum of 1 thread within either of the promotional forums per day, for example, if you post one in the Video and Channel Promotion Forum you will not be able to post one within the Social Media Promotion Forum on the same day, that will be your maximum for the day and you will not be able to create any more during that time period. It will be reset automatically at midnight for you and then your limits will be removed. So you can choose which you would like to promote, it is more common for our members to promote their videos so 1 a day should be fine. We are going to be testing out these limits to see how they perform over the next few weeks and they are not set in stone.

There is also a maximum of 5 bumps per thread, if a thread will no longer bump it is because it has reached its limit, this is to prevent some threads becoming over bumped :)

With the changes there will be an update to the forums Terms and Rules or guidelines as we prefer to call them, on the subject of bypassing the limitations and related info.

These changes allow us to become more relaxed when it comes to posting threads within those forums too and will help us as a team moderate and manage the forums much more effectively.

Thank you for reading and I hope you all like the new changes :)

Happy bumping!
just noticed it!! love it boss! :D

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Enjoy all that bumping :D

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just a small update but we now have more smilies, more similar ones will be coming soon and might even replace our default set :)

:crying::mstickle::wavespin::wub::giggle::cold::smug::twins::redface::biggrin::inlove::bounce::banghead::help::eeks::poop::angel::dance::cloud9::tongue::sleep::happy::furious::stomp::unsure::spin::hot::devil::running:

Status
Not open for further replies.