Build Up Again?

Kristen Is Calm

I don't caaaaaaare!
Hello,

I run a visuals kind of vibe channel(Not really sure what to call it but I enjoy making videos) - I'm working on it but I was doing really well and then kind of lost major momentum and now I'm dropping subscribers like it's nobody's business. I've lost about 8 which is a lot considering I would only lose one or two every couple of months.

I would really love to bounce back up but I'm not sure how. I know content is important but I'm unsure of how to really get good work out again. Like I don't want to drop so majorly that I lose complete interest. I hope this thread makes sense and that it's in the correct place.

-Kristen

Don't worry about people unsubbing

They are actually doing you a favour, you don't want to be in for instance my situation were I have hundreds of genuine subs that don't watch my videos anymore as I have gone done a different genre of video creation. Maybe try a channel revamp? i.e the look and feel, and remain positive, Jan is a slow month for everyone :D

I think, if you start producing content again, you'll start gaining subscribers again. Right now, you have one recent video and then others from quite a while ago, so the unsubs may just be because they thought you'd abandoned your channel, or they subscribed as a placeholder and then when you uploaded your most recent video, those folks realized your channel wasn't for them. It happens.

The best way to retain interest, in my opinion, for a small channel, is to keep producing content so that subscribers can know what to expect.

Don't worry about people unsubbing

They are actually doing you a favour, you don't want to be in for instance my situation were I have hundreds of genuine subs that don't watch my videos anymore as I have gone done a different genre of video creation. Maybe try a channel revamp? i.e the look and feel, and remain positive, Jan is a slow month for everyone :D
I suppose they are hey. I definitely am aiming for a channel revamp though, I just don't want to commit if it's going to end up being all for nothing. Good idea with the revamp part, you've got me thinking now!

I think, if you start producing content again, you'll start gaining subscribers again. Right now, you have one recent video and then others from quite a while ago, so the unsubs may just be because they thought you'd abandoned your channel, or they subscribed as a placeholder and then when you uploaded your most recent video, those folks realized your channel wasn't for them. It happens.

The best way to retain interest, in my opinion, for a small channel, is to keep producing content so that subscribers can know what to expect.
Ahh yes, I forget about the whole "having a set time will let subscribers know when to expect". I suppose it doesn't have random uploads all over the show. I'll work on that!

Thanks for the comments, sometimes I'm all over the place because I'm not sure what I need to be doing but this puts me into a space where I know what to work on!

I say do things off camera in your own time to inspire you and motivate you to do something extra when the camera is rolling. So not only are you keeping up with what you love to do but also challenging yourself and trying out different things. Try not put up a video for the sake of putting a video up, but do it because you WANT that video up. You WANT to share it with the world.

Back