Breath in mic

Hello everyone,i have a gaming channel.

While recording my breath can be heared,how can i avoid this thing ? to not breath in microphone.

I mean idk what to do,if i put the microphone a little bit away (i mean take distance from mic.) my voice will not be heared that loud.

Any tips?

I use a pop filter and a thin sock over my mic. This helps with white noise and background noise.

However I still have problems with noises smacking my lips or intake of breath between sentences, any advice on how to reduce this would be useful and appears to be what the OP is actually asking?

If moving the mic back isn't working add a pop filter, and if you can't afford one simply create one to cancel out the airflow to the mic. Let me know if this helps.

I use a pop filter and a thin sock over my mic. This helps with white noise and background noise.

However I still have problems with noises smacking my lips or intake of breath between sentences, any advice on how to reduce this would be useful and appears to be what the OP is actually asking?
what happens if you scoot the mic back and boost the db of the mic input.

what happens if you scoot the mic back and boost the db of the mic input.
Boosting the mic will just end up amplifying white/background noise. I have a -3dB switch on my snowball, which helps really cut out noise but I have to be really close to the mic the entire time and usually ends up screwing with the recording more (especially because the snowball is massive and obscures my view of the monitor :/ ).

Boosting the mic will just end up amplifying white/background noise. I have a -3dB switch on my snowball, which helps really cut out noise but I have to be really close to the mic the entire time and usually ends up screwing with the recording more (especially because the snowball is massive and obscures my view of the monitor :/ ).
And what if you leave your snowball settings normal and going into your mic recording settings on the computer and boosting it? Not sure if that'd make any difference or not but it's worth a try.

Another thing to practice is breathing through you nose.. I know it sounds odd.. But all the VO guys I have worked with say that when reading they breath through there nose because it makes less noise then your mouth just a tip you can try.

All these tips are great. I'll just add that with a pair of pantyhose and a wire clothe hanger you can make a pretty good home made pop filter.

Once you have a pop filter it should be placed about 4-6 inches from the mic AND your mouth should be another 4-6 inches from the filter. This should dramatically reduce the hisses and pops and breathing noises.

Back