Blue Yeti problem with fraps??

WightManater

I've Got It
Hey peoples, i need to know how come the Blue Yeti microphone is so bad with fraps, i have to link it to audacity, which is a massive pain... Any suggestions??

Thanks, Wightmanater

I've heard issues in general just with audio going out of sync with fraps when recording. Perhaps look at other recording software, such as Dxtory? I have no problem with that and I use a Yeti too.

Most people who use fraps will use audacity, or at least they should. In fact having your audio seperate from the game audio is generally ideal so that you can ensure your voice comes out on top of the game audio. I understand how it can be an issue though, lately my C985 won't record microphone audio anymore, so I now have to run audacity instead of being able to just hit the hot button to record mic and gameplay.

tumblr_static_tumblr_mf9356ybud1ruwx1ho1_500.gif

Mine works fine with fraps...Also Audacity isn't that hard to use...
tumblr_static_tumblr_mf9356ybud1ruwx1ho1_500.gif

yeah but its the syncing the gameplay footage to the audio??
that's odd because I also use a blue yeti with fraps and I use audacity for my voice. I think the issue your having is that you are not cutting the clip at the front and end because generally I start audacity before I start the game and when I am ready I do the 3,2,1 and then I tap the record key loud enough so I have my starting point and when i'm done I do the saying and I know were the end point is. Now if you're doing what i'm doing and you don't cut the ends off then that is most likely why your audio is off so much

You haven't told us the exact problem. :p Is it not showing up in FRAPS? My Snowball works fine with FRAPS, make sure to have all other Recording Devices disabled while recording, FRAPS doesn't like it. :p

Hey peoples, i need to know how come the Blue Yeti microphone is so bad with fraps, i have to link it to audacity, which is a massive pain... Any suggestions??

Thanks, Wightmanater

Wait... you have to link the mic to a superior audio solution which is a massive pain? heh

Solution to syncing is simple. Start recording the audio. Then snap your fingers or make a loud noise at the same time you click the FRAPS record key. Sync the audio spike to the beginning of the video. Done.

NEVER record game audio and vocal audio in the same stream. You can't edit it later if you screwed up volume or had other noise issues.

Back