Blue Snowball Issue

iTipTurtles

Loving YTtalk
As many of you may know the blue snowball is a very good mic, especially for its price. And i had to purchase one as the mic on the Razer Megalodon is well...garbage.
My current issue however, is due to my setup and my desk it easily and excessively picks up the sound of my mouse clicks. This is due to me and the mouse both being within its direct line at roughly a similar distance.
Is the only way to remove this problem to buy a mic stand?

I had this problem lot with the blue yeti, also with keyboard sounds (I have a mechanical keyboard). The second I bought a microphone arm (mines a champ and it attaches onto the desk) it removed a lot of the keyboard+mouse noise and all vibration noise.. so personally I would say yes :)

Yeah i have the Razer Blackwiddow, so its pretty damn loud XD ill look into buying one.
Is there in in particular you recommend? Id prefer a Desk on also

Yeah i have the Razer Blackwiddow, so its pretty damn loud XD ill look into buying one.
Is there in in particular you recommend? Id prefer a Desk on also
The one I have is around £30 (it has an audio cable running through it, but i just cut the 2 ends off) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Conrad-Stud...VGWC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362593088&sr=8-1

this is a really nice one by RODE which more professionals use (sitting at around £75)- http://www.amazon.co.uk/PODCASTER-T...UYBO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1362593088&sr=8-3

Reducing platform vibration is what a shock mount is for. Part of the clicks will be straight audio, part vibration. The Snowball is also Cardioid, so you could try positioning the keyboard behind it.

Maybe you need a new mouse if it's clicking so loudly... I had a super loud clicking mouse before too ;) Do any of your current videos show this "clicking" you are referring to?

EDIT: Okay, yeah it is quite audible. I just watched one of your videos. Do snowballs have a gain control?

I like how the cheaper one has better reviews lol
it's an insanely good arm for £35.. it's so sturdy! sometimes I actually have trouble moving the mic.. not having trouble making it stay somewhere :') haha, I seriously can't fault it...

Back