Big youtubers use copyright music without giving them credit?

Look to see if they give permission and any terms up front. Or just contact them and ask. I've used my buddy's songs in my videos, and I've used video clips from other people on YouTube in a few videos. I wait until I get their permission and make agreements that I'll put a link to their original video and we come to a mutual agreement.

Here's a sample of how easy it was, I just waited until I got the OK from the original video owners, then just put a link to their videos in the description. Just take a look in the description, it was very simple. Before I made it public I showed it to them and asked if this was good enough and they both said yes. Of course if you are trying to use a popular rap or pop song I'm sure it will be a lot harder to contact them for rights if they have millions of views, but this is just a smaller example.
I have seen bigger youtubers use this background music so i doubt i will be able to get in touch with them :/ Also i wanted to use music from NOCopyrightSound (i thinks thats what ther are called) and they are big too so i doubt i will be able to contact them either... I should look into getting music from smaller artists, do u recommend any?[DOUBLEPOST=1445026328,1445026250][/DOUBLEPOST]
Who knows. They may have paid for the music rights, they could be granted certain rights if they're in a network, they could simply be pushing their luck and using it without permission or they could be using it by any other of countless ways.

With music and copyrights, it's always best to worry about yourself and not what someone else is doing.

That all depends on the music, where you found it, and what the musician and songwriters who created it require.

Yes, it does require a lot of effort, but putting in the effort is better than having your video removed and getting a copyright strike or it becoming 3rd party claimed so you can't earn money on it.

It also doesn't help that there is a slew of bad information being posted and people using terms interchangeably when they mean different things legally:

Public Domain
(not possible in some countries): It has no restrictions, no copyright claim and can be used however you want without risk. Music in public domain is extremely rare.

Creative Commons
: work may be used, but only in compliance with the stated restrictions (typically credits or where/how you can use it).

Royalty Free
: you BUY a license once and can use the work (without having to pay again) according to the license.
Thanks for the reply man, some really useful information here :)

I have seen bigger youtubers use this background music so i doubt i will be able to get in touch with them :/ Also i wanted to use music from NOCopyrightSound (i thinks thats what ther are called) and they are big too so i doubt i will be able to contact them either... I should look into getting music from smaller artists, do u recommend any?[DOUBLEPOST=1445026328,1445026250][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the reply man, some really useful information here :)
Well you're more than welcome to use any of my music, as long as I get credit for it. I could also make you some music, if you'd like that.

Well you're more than welcome to use any of my music, as long as I get credit for it. I could also make you some music, if you'd like that.
Yeah man that would be nice, i will have a look through ur videos and see if they would fit my style of videos. I will prob private message u on here for further enquirements :)

Back