Best Way to Promote Game Playthroughs on Reddit?

DepletedCharge

Super Poster
Hey, guys. I'm just wondering. What is the best way to promote my game playthroughs on Reddit? Should I just type in the name of the game and post the video on each of the subreddits that allow it? Or what? I'm pretty much a complete reddit noob, so I'm a little lost. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

That sounds reasonable, but if people see you aren't an active community member , they will give you negative response. Reddit can be vindictive.

First you should always look at the guidelines because you have to follow the rules for different subreddits. I would go into r/letsplay as they have structured schedules and it is a big community that helps out new youtube gamers.
It's a good idea to look in the subreddits for that specific game as well but again you should look at their rules to make sure you can post your content on there.

First you should always look at the guidelines because you have to follow the rules for different subreddits. I would go into r/letsplay as they have structured schedules and it is a big community that helps out new youtube gamers.
It's a good idea to look in the subreddits for that specific game as well but again you should look at their rules to make sure you can post your content on there.
I've looked at the letsplay subreddit, but it says not to post your own lets plays. Is there a time when you can post on the subreddit then?

On mondays the have UPDATE MONDAYS where people post in the comments what has happened with the LPs and playthroughs. Also there are FEEDBACK FRIDAYS where you post in the comments but for feedback on specific things that you would like. Basically just look around and see which days you would like to participate and make sure to be a regular.

That sounds reasonable, but if people see you aren't an active community member , they will give you negative response. Reddit can be vindictive.
Yes.
I posted a breaking bad reaction, one of my few posts on reddit, and someone told me I should quit doing youtube, almost did so.

Be careful when posting videos on Reddit. Reddit's system detect accounts or YouTube channels as spam even if you're posting in a related sub-Reddit.

Back