Best recording software???

Joshua Blew

Currently I'm using Screenflix and quicktime on my mac computer and they work very well. But the file size is extremely large. 2 gigabytes for only 10 minutes of recording. I'm building a new pc right now and plan on using fraps or bandicam. Which one do you think is the best.
Thank you in advance to all who answer.

It really depends on what you're using it for. If you're using it for recording gameplay than I would say Fraps is better. If you're recording your desktop for a tutorial than you should use Bandicam.

Fraps isn't really that great, it's better than most but it eats up your FPS, which when I was watching your videos seemed to be an Issue, look up mirillis action, they have a free trial. It's the one I use, it doesn't effect your FPS in the slightest. Very simple to use, if you do decide you like it, wait for the trail to end cause they give a discount to you after that period.

Fraps isn't really that great, it's better than most but it eats up your FPS, which when I was watching your videos seemed to be an Issue, look up mirillis action, they have a free trial. It's the one I use, it doesn't effect your FPS in the slightest. Very simple to use, if you do decide you like it, wait for the trail to end cause they give a discount to you after that period.
Okay I'll check it out. Are there any watermarks or limited recording periods in the trial?

Honestly I couldn't tell you for sure, you would have to read the terms of service. I stared using it long before I started posting on youtube.

Fraps has to be the one for me, I've used bandicam in the past but I'm getting better results using Fraps :)

Back