Best recording setup for gaming!!

TheCrayonsMelt

I've Got It
First, of course you gotta have the elgato game capture!
Second, computer with audacity.
Third, QuickTime Pro.
Fourth, blue snowball mic.

And that is it! I record gameplay with my elgato. While I do that I record my voice into QuickTime Pro. Then I export it into audacity and make the audio crystal clear, export it back to QuickTime Pro. I match up my gameplay with my audio. Then I add my intro and outro to the video. Finally I export it straight from QuickTime Pro and it's ready for youtube! No extra editing software needed! It is also great HD quality for video and audio! Check out my channel and tell me what you think and maybe how you do it!

First, of course you gotta have the elgato game capture!
Second, computer with audacity.
Third, QuickTime Pro.
Fourth, blue snowball mic.

And that is it! I record gameplay with my elgato. While I do that I record my voice into QuickTime Pro. Then I export it into audacity and make the audio crystal clear, export it back to QuickTime Pro. I match up my gameplay with my audio. Then I add my intro and outro to the video. Finally I export it straight from QuickTime Pro and it's ready for youtube! No extra editing software needed! It is also great HD quality for video and audio! Check out my channel and tell me what you think and maybe how you do it!
How much is quicktime pro??

That sounds like it works great for recording console gameplay.

I do similar, but with different programs and a bit more advanced I think. So this is probably great for somebody who may not be technically inclined or wants to focus less on editing as they do straight up gameplay and commentary.

That sounds like it works great for recording console gameplay.

I do similar, but with different programs and a bit more advanced I think. So this is probably great for somebody who may not be technically inclined or wants to focus less on editing as they do straight up gameplay and commentary.

Yea that is why it works well for me. I just do straight live gameplay or I will add in a commentary over it. What software do you use and how much does it cost? I would love to look into other softwares!

Yea that is why it works well for me. I just do straight live gameplay or I will add in a commentary over it. What software do you use and how much does it cost? I would love to look into other softwares!

Right now I don't have a console game capture, but plan on getting one when I have the money. So right now I only record PC gameplay using one of the many programs. I've been testing a couple different ones lately.

As for editing, I mostly use Adobe programs. Since I can usually record all of my audio through the program while I record the gameplay, I usually don't need anything else. But will sometimes use Audacity or Adobe Audition to record my voice if it's needed later for a post-commentary or outside of live gameplay.

To make my intros and outros I use Adobe After Effects and then put them together with my clips in Adobe Premiere where I can edit and add whatever I need. For thumbnails or other graphic art, I'll use Photoshop. So clearly a lot of Adobe haha, none are very user-friendly at first. But once you get used to them, they're very easy to navigate and use.
The costs can range really high depending on the versions.

Right now I don't have a console game capture, but plan on getting one when I have the money. So right now I only record PC gameplay using one of the many programs. I've been testing a couple different ones lately.

As for editing, I mostly use Adobe programs. Since I can usually record all of my audio through the program while I record the gameplay, I usually don't need anything else. But will sometimes use Audacity or Adobe Audition to record my voice if it's needed later for a post-commentary or outside of live gameplay.

To make my intros and outros I use Adobe After Effects and then put them together with my clips in Adobe Premiere where I can edit and add whatever I need. For thumbnails or other graphic art, I'll use Photoshop. So clearly a lot of Adobe haha, none are very user-friendly at first. But once you get used to them, they're very easy to navigate and use.
The costs can range really high depending on the versions.

Nice! I was going to try to use some adobe. But for some reason I could only get one adobe product with my brother creative cloud account. Kind of a bummer. But I will make do without. Oh and adobe photoshop is like my best friend... Hahah

Nice! I was going to try to use some adobe. But for some reason I could only get one adobe product with my brother creative cloud account. Kind of a bummer. But I will make do without. Oh and adobe photoshop is like my best friend... Hahah

Ya haha, I started using Photoshop about a year ago just for a digital media class, but I really started liking it and started creating my own designs and such. Now I use it for all sorts of things. And it led me to try out the other Adobe products.

I have the elgato and use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) to record my game/webcam/mic all at the same time. OBS is free, and a lot smoother and faster than Xsplit.

Out of curiosity, why don't you record into Audacity or just right into Elgato? Seems like you're wasting more time exporting all that stuff into QTPro.

Back