Best Fonts to use on Thumbnails

I think it's important to see what the vid is about first, then tailor the fonts to the actual vid itself. As it's been said above dafont.com is a great place to get fonts of all types.
Stick with what you like (as long as it's not super hard to read) and I'm sure you'll be fine.

My personal favorite is Rockwell, Bebas Neue as some people also suggested is pretty good too. I also use Chiller sometimes, but it's a rather niche font, I think I can pull it off since I mainly upload horror gameplay.

I personally use Helvetica and Futura (Wes Anderson inspired). But I find that most san-serifs fonts work well as long as they are bold enough.

I don't know, I like Typograph Pro, But you can search up DaFont on google for a HUGE repository.

Big block letters work best so they stand out but if you have a darker background with nothing behind it you can use thin letters as well. Try downloading some new fonts so yours are different than the average bear.

I stopped putting text in my thumbnails at the recommendation of a consultant at the YouTube Space in New York. He pointed out that the title is next to the thumbnail anyway and that so many people search on phones that the text won't pop anyway. Since I stopped using text, I have been trying to make my thumbnails more creative--but that is really not my strong suit.
Funny, my consultant was OK with the text in mine...

And they tell US to be consistent.

The font I use for my channel branding is called Oswald. So you're not allowed to. :p There's a couple others I use here and there but I stick to the light or normal variants of Oswald for the most part.[DOUBLEPOST=1423057926,1423025366][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd also like to add at this point the obligatory "THERE IS NO BEST FONT."

I am a typography nut and have chosen a typeface that I would hope people see and associate with being my graphics designs and therefore my channel. Whatever helps people to correlate the text to that video or to your channel is the best. But no single font really is "best." Choose what helps to identify YOU. It is an element of channel branding after all.

For me, I really love Georgia and Helvetica. So I use those fonts a lot, even my logo use Georgia. But I think it depends on the personality of your video. Romantic, cheerful, and bright videos usually use handwritten font like French script, Playball, or others. Hope this help, have a great day!

Back