Best capture card?

Creeforple

Hey guys just wondering what would be the best capture card to use as I'm starting YouTube back up, I have a budget of about $100-$150?

Hey my dude Creeforple! Check this out, I can't really tell you what is the BEST capture card to use, but I can totally lay down some data for you about the one that I use.

I assume you're talking about game capture cards? I was trying to figure out what you're asking about based on your YouTube channel content, but your channel link on this post is busted so Imma go ahead and assume that you're talking about game capture cards, like the kind you'd hook up to your game system (PS4 or XBOX One) and stream the content to your PC to record game videos or link up to your YouTube channel for gaming live streams.

Right now I use an Elgato HD60. Elgato is a very popular game capture card manufacture. I use mine regularly and it works very well for live streaming games to YouTube in 1080p. If I just use my PS4 alone I can still stream, but at best it's 720p. It seems like the audio and video quality are somewhat better when I use the Elgato card too.

The Elgato software that you use on your PC, which supports the capture card, for the most part is good, although I could do everything but live stream when I ran the software under Windows 7. I was even on the phone with Elgato tech support for 45 minutes and they had no solution for this, so I actually had to upgrade my PC to Windows 10. Since the upgrade to Windows 10 the software has worked pretty well. Just be aware that if you do get this game capture card you may have issues live streaming if you run Windows 7 as your OS like I did. I suspect that the issue was related to a device driver incompatibility problem.

Anyway, this card seems to work pretty well. I do occasionally have a problem with live streaming on the first try. I run into a low bandwidth issue, but I have Verizon 1 gigabit internet access so the problem can't be on my end as far as internet access speed, but overall it seems to work well in general. I also have a boom microphone I use to inject my commentary into the stream that runs through my PC to YouTube.

The nice thing is that the Elgato Game Capture HD60 would fit within your budget of $100.00 to $150.00. I think I got mine for just under $150.00 when I bought it. It was $148.00 with shipping and everything included from Amazon.

If you're streaming from a PS4, which is what I'm doing, there are a few minor issues to be aware of that you will need to address before streaming. Nothing that's super difficult, but they will need to be dealt with. My understanding is that streaming from an XBOX One is a little easier than a PS4, but if you do have a PS4, and you decide to get an Elgato card I can help you with the few minor technical issues.

Anyway, I hope this helps you with making your decision. :).

Later my dude! :).

I'm using the Razer Ripsaw to capture my gameplay from PS4 and I'm very happy with it. Only downside is that the maximum resolution is 1080p, so when I swapped my 1080p monitor for a 4k monitor I had to invest in a splitter + downscaler so I could keep recording in 1080p while playing in 4k.

Back