Besides the Logo, what else consists of Branding?

Does anybody have a list maybe? I know the logo and your YouTube "personality" are part of it, but are there other things that come into play?

I'm interested in what you guys think...

Does anybody have a list maybe? I know the logo and your YouTube "personality" are part of it, but are there other things that come into play?

I'm interested in what you guys think...

Every. Single. Thing.

Your personality is to highlight your style, and go along with your branding. Starting out, a lot of people decide to not "brand" because they see it as selling out; which is silly. The entire point is to have a theme, and roll with it. Doing so doesn't mean you've lost your way, and now all you care about is money. People associate branding with money, and which just isn't the case. In the YouTube universe it means your style, something that makes your channel unique, and could even be something that connects you with your audience.

Brand your thumbnails, how you title your videos, have a few funny lines to set you apart in your description if you'd like, etc. etc. All these things can help you in carving out your own slice of a YouTube following.

Every. Single. Thing.

Your personality is to highlight your style, and go along with your branding. Starting out, a lot of people decide to not "brand" because they see it as selling out; which is silly. The entire point is to have a theme, and roll with it. Doing so doesn't mean you've lost your way, and now all you care about is money. People associate branding with money, and which just isn't the case. In the YouTube universe it means your style, something that makes your channel unique, and could even be something that connects you with your audience.

Brand your thumbnails, how you title your videos, have a few funny lines to set you apart in your description if you'd like, etc. etc. All these things can help you in carving out your own slice of a YouTube following.
right! You're doing a good job of that by what you've been doing with your vids. I need to get better with my thumbnail and stuff like that... but I think you're right... viewers catch everything and if they like it, they want it to continue, that is why they subbed! haha

LyfeWithDragons is absolutely right.

My dad does branding workshops and his definition is basically that branding is, "managing your customer's perception of your company." Like LWD said, that means consistency in everything with your channel because everything on there contributes to what people think of it.

Keep it up, you've got a strong start.

Last edited:
There's also some channels who add a little transparent 'subscribe' thumbnail which is visible throughout your videos. You might try that instead of your channel logo..

Branding (to me at least) is your whole image.

I chose the name CaptainSauce and went with a silly tomato-based superhero to suit the name. My banner and logo shows this, my outro card is like a comic book, my into is the hero himself and my about description is a mix of comic book and video game style. Everything ties together into the brand that is CaptainSauce.

Some people don't take it this far but I really like what ive laid out now :)

Back