Be Yourself?

PakZoric

I've Got It
Hey guys, PakZoric here with a question about video making, obviously. Our question is: Are you supposed to be yourself in videos? By that we mean if that you are kind of boring, are you supposed to act more fun? The obvious answer may be yes, but what if you don't enjoy acting fun? As stupid as that sounds, someone might get tired of acting fun and while playing with say, a subscriber, and will be boring and the subscriber might then have different opinions about the youtuber and might possibly unsubscribe. I don't know if anyone will have or is having or has had this sort of problem, but it seems like a big deal to us. We always thought that you should be yourself in all videos, boring or not, so that if people like what they see, they will come check out your videos/channel for who you are. This doesn't really apply if you are making a skit or something that requires acting. Please reply with a post telling us which is better to get attention to your channel: Being yourself even if boring, or act fun and energetic even if you don't enjoy it? If you act fun/energetic and are fine with it, great! This was just something that we have been wondering about for a while. Thanks for reading! Peace!

If you don't enjoy doing something, don't continue. There's no real point on doing something on Youtube you don't enjoy.
If you show you're enjoying it, your viewers will enjoy watching you more.

Well if your talking about lets plays then I think you should definitely act a bit more "fun". By this I mean don't talk in a monotone voice, be funny and energetic because nobody wants to watch some guy just saying stuff like "Ok...now I'm going over here to kill some pigs. Ok I killed the pigs..." Its much more entertaining if for example you say this instead "Who is this motherfucker staring at me? You f*****g ******* dont look at me like that now you get a sword to the face!" So to answer the question, yes, be yourself but always bring a funny and energetic mood to your commentary.

Well if your talking about lets plays then I think you should definitely act a bit more "fun". By this I mean don't talk in a monotone voice, be funny and energetic because nobody wants to watch some guy just saying stuff like "Ok...now I'm going over here to kill some pigs. Ok I killed the pigs..." Its much more entertaining if for example you say this instead "Who is this motherfucker staring at me? You f*****g ******* dont look at me like that now you get a sword to the face!" So to answer the question, yes, be yourself but always bring a funny and energetic mood to your commentary.

Ok, we see what you're saying. Thanks for the tip! Your example was also very helpful!

People say to be yourself, some people will find that being themselves and drawing viewers is easy while others will struggle, in that case....you can try to act up a little...nothing wrong with it in my opinion...

"To be yourself is all that you can do."

Obviously, being yourself makes you seem more real. If you try to be something you aren't, people will be able to see through it. I, for example, consider myself an extremely boring person. But, I am being myself in my videos, and I get complimented for it. I guess it comes down to what you want to do, but I think being yourself is your best bet. :)

If you don't enjoy doing something, don't continue. There's no real point on doing something on Youtube you don't enjoy.
If you show you're enjoying it, your viewers will enjoy watching you more.

We thought so. Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1373059583,1373059509][/DOUBLEPOST]
People say to be yourself, some people will find that being themselves and drawing viewers is easy while others will struggle, in that case....you can try to act up a little...nothing wrong with it in my opinion...

We suppose we can act a little more fun. Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1373059623][/DOUBLEPOST]
"To be yourself is all that you can do."

Obviously, being yourself makes you seem more real. If you try to be something you aren't, people will be able to see through it. I, for example, consider myself an extremely boring person. But, I am being myself in my videos, and I get complimented for it. I guess it comes down to what you want to do, but I think being yourself is your best bet. :)

We had the same idea :)! Thanks!

yes, I don't get when people say "be yourself" or "express your self" it just doesn't hit me. I mean we are who create ourselfs and we do that by acting up, trying things out and experiencing.

Back