Asking for LIKES (2 methods that work)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
I know this issue has been up before and it is something most youtubers are concerned about. Yes, the ASKING-FOR-LIKES-BUSINESS. I think it fair to say that most of us would like some “action” on the videos and asking for likes can be a good way to do that:up2:

And there are pros and cons and the debate goes on and on. Some feel that asking for likes is like begging or just feel awkward doing it and others feel that it´s necessary in order to get some engagement on the videos.So in 2 of my latest videos I have been experimenting with this and I have found 2 methods that work (for me anyways):)

The first way is humor. I tried to make kind of a joke about it. Say something about a guy from YouTube calling me saying my videos miss like-factor. This has giving me a huge amount of likes for that video. Of course you have to be careful when it comes to humor. There will be people without the same humor and some just find it stupid (so I also had some dislikes) but overall a lot of engagement on this video:up2:

The second way is “putting my a** on the line” Telling up front that my videos depend on the likes but also telling that this video is great and if they don’t like it they can tell me to f**k off. This video is pretty new (uploaded yesterday) and the like ratio is great and no one has told me to f**k off….Yet:bounce:

I don’t know if it´s against Yttalk-rules to put the videos up here so I wont do that but if you would like to see how I did it feel free to check out my channel and find the videos “The subtle art of NOT giving a f**k” and “The Obstacle Is The Way”

The Obstacle Is The Way video is also in my signature below;) PEACE

I'm tempted to find humorous, irreverent ways to ask for likes, but I want to see if I can just power someone into doing it with the content itself. Not that it's really showing lol. But I want to see if I can make something good enough to just get people to do it.

Yes, I found out that also that viewers like some call to action. Similarly, applies to comments. And you can see that popular YouTubers leave some comment below and say what do you think about this bla bla, and then there is a bunch of replies down below. Somebody will ask who cares about comments and likes. Well, likes are important because if your video has more dislikes than likes, then new viewers probably will not watch it. But more importantly, likes shares and comments are also what goes into account when it comes to SEO. So if your video has more interaction it will be better ranked.
What sucks is when you put some call to action and nobody replies lol. On this video in my signature I put first new subscriber who subscribes and leave a comment below will get this plastic projector on his address. And nobody commented on that. I guess 1$ is not enough motivation for them to move their fingers lool.

Yes, I found out that also that viewers like some call to action. Similarly, applies to comments. And you can see that popular YouTubers leave some comment below and say what do you think about this bla bla, and then there is a bunch of replies down below. Somebody will ask who cares about comments and likes. Well, likes are important because if your video has more dislikes than likes, then new viewers probably will not watch it. But more importantly, likes shares and comments are also what goes into account when it comes to SEO. So if your video has more interaction it will be better ranked.
What sucks is when you put some call to action and nobody replies lol. On this video in my signature I put first new subscriber who subscribes and leave a comment below will get this plastic projector on his address. And nobody commented on that. I guess 1$ is not enough motivation for them to move their fingers lool.
I might start leaving a comment or something, when I can get more than 4 views.

This is great advice! I think the usual "hit that like button and subscribe" has gotten old and people don't even register that anymore when they watch a video.

So a new fun way of asking for likes is probably a great idea! I suppose as with everything it depends on your niche and your audience, so be creative.

Back