Are scripts helping?

Moses Cheeks

Youtuber
I want to start scripting what im going to say. But its going to take alot of time and dont know if its worth having to upload a hour late.

It depends on whether you think the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. For me, the main benefits of having a script are that I don't have to spend a minute going 'um' at the camera for every line I try to think of, and I know I've said everything I had planned to. If these aren't a massive problem for you, then I would say don't make a script, but if they are (or if you have another problem that can be solved by having a script), then definitely think about it.
Another option would be to just make a list of key points to cover (if you don't already).

If you are not going to be able to remember what you should say then a script is in order but most people get by on notes to ensure they have something to work with.

I like to make an outline instead of a full script. Because I already know what I want to talk about, I just tend to forget while on camera which causes me to ramble and jump around a lot. Having it in an outline written that I can refer to and visualize helps me stay on track and keep my recording sessions under 10 minutes.

Back