Are Original Ideas Smart to Start a Channel With?

Evan Helbling

I know i have the skill to make good content, but the videos i make are not something somebody would search on youtube nowadays lol. My friends and family love it but Im not sure if others will discover me and feel the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course they are smart, look up ASHENS on YouTube, a guy that literally reviews tat on a sofa haha there's no reason not to make a channel doing what you want to do.

Dude we feel the same way, I think a mix of both is a good idea! Once you have more people watching maybe you can transition into your own content?? Anyway good luck bro! :)

YES! There is more to making videos than chasing after the latest trends. I have been so happy with the weirdo stuff I do, very little of which is all that searchable.

The hydraulic press channel had a pretty unique idea and it caught on and grew fast. Plus views aren't everything, if it makes you happy to do it, you should do it.

I think you will get supporters who like the different types of videos you make ! I checked out your channel and to me your videos seem interesting (in a good way of course). keep being creative !

I'm going for a super original idea (mostly for my friends and me) so I totally get where you're coming from, but you won't know until you try, right?

I would definitely recommend it, because in the end it's what you want to do with your channel at the very beginning. If an audience comes along and likes it, then that's great and you can change up things anytime. like make something you would personally prefer and something that might be a bit more trending.

Back