Appearance Consistency in Series

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Hey guys,

I am doing a 5-6 part series and in the first two videos my hair is needing a cut, I am planning on getting my hair cut some time this or next week and it will go from a little long to very short.

Do you reckon I should redo the first two episodes for the sake of looking similar between each one. What would you do? Am I taking this too seriously? I just wouldnt want people thinking woah wheres his hair gone lol if they watch them as a series at a later time all in one go. Am I over thinking this? Would you redo the first two?

Thanks.

Really not that important, as long as the video branding stays the same, people most probably won't even notice a haircut x)

Nah don't worry about it, if people ask in the comments just say haha, they (should) know that your life goes on outside YouTube!

Cheers guys, this has to be one of the most strange questions I have probably ever asked here but it was something I was thinking of, I was even considering rushing through the rest for the sake of consistency :D I probably will just get it cut and keep the first two.

How do you feel about clothing consistency for series? Do you think wearing the same clothes for each video is a good idea or is it better to change them up for each one?

Cheers guys, this has to be one of the most strange questions I have probably ever asked here but it was something I was thinking of, I was even considering rushing through the rest for the sake of consistency :D I probably will just get it cut and keep the first two.

How do you feel about clothing consistency for series? Do you think wearing the same clothes for each video is a good idea or is it better to change them up for each one?
Well, it depends if that's what you want haha, I don't see any reason to keep clothes consistent, the only thing I tend to keep consistent is that I have the same face as the last video :p

I worry about consistency within the same video, but not for a series. I'd go crazy trying to keep things the same!

Well, it depends if that's what you want haha, I don't see any reason to keep clothes consistent, the only thing I tend to keep consistent is that I have the same face as the last video :p

Haha we wouldnt want you head swapping :D Ive seen a few series where the person would have the same shirt on and assuming the same trousers for each episode, it could have been they just recorded it all in one day though.

I worry about consistency within the same video, but not for a series. I'd go crazy trying to keep things the same!

I think I am definitely over thinking it all now a little, I do think I would prefer to keep things as consistent as I can but I dont think I should mind if I break it because of a hair cut etc

For future series I might try and plan them all first and record all on one day.

Haha we wouldnt want you head swapping :D Ive seen a few series where the person would have the same shirt on and assuming the same trousers for each episode, it could have been they just recorded it all in one day though.
That's what I used to do with gaming videos haha, I never used to have the same time I do now, so it was a necessity, but now I just record whenever I have an idea! (as you can tell, I don't get ideas often :p)

That's what I used to do with gaming videos haha, I never used to have the same time I do now, so it was a necessity, but now I just record whenever I have an idea! (as you can tell, I don't get ideas often :p)

Lol that way funny :D I have had a personal channel on hold for over 1 year now due to not having as much time for it, I probably could squeeze it in but I would be releasing like one a month which I dont feel is enough.

It can be stressful when you run out of ideas and the stress from it tends to make it worse. Thankfully I have a list I add my ideas to for YTtalk videos as they come and I try and do at least 1 per week now from them. I am recording 15 videos tomorrow if I can get them done :D

Lol that way funny :D I have had a personal channel on hold for over 1 year now due to not having as much time for it, I probably could squeeze it in but I would be releasing like one a month which I dont feel is enough.

It can be stressful when you run out of ideas and the stress from it tends to make it worse. Thankfully I have a list I add my ideas to for YTtalk videos as they come and I try and do at least 1 per week now from them. I am recording 15 videos tomorrow if I can get them done :D
Wow that's not too bad at all haha! I'm going to be recording tons over summer, so hopefully I'll be able to get more regular! I think I'll do one on my gaming setup tomorrow, and I'm going to see How To Train Your Dragon 2 tomorrow, so I'll do something on how much I was in love with it (Cause HTTYD is my favourite film ever!) on Saturday :)
My big problem is that editing takes so long haha!

Back