Anyone know how to fix YouTube thumbnail size on facebook?

OrkoTV

Would anyone know how to fix the youtube thumbnail on when shared on facebook? it used to be big, now its that small little box that cuts half of your thumbnail out. It seems to only do this with video, images and blog posts it works fine. The only information i find to fix this you have to upload your video to other sites and they give you a link to post. Can we do this without using other sites?

Its like that for me too. I think they changed it and theres nothing you can do about it. My soundcloud posts still show a big thumbnail though but thats only for music if you do.

Oh I used to have this problem, then I used the DEBUG TOOL of the facebook, then I pasted the video link to debug, then BOOOM it worked.

yeah i can get the thumbnail to show using the debugger, but it wont show as a large thumbnail. just a 158x158 picture that removes half the image. I know there is a way to make it the entire box like it used to be but not sure how to do it.

No way to "fix" this, it was an update Facebook did mainly to fix the issue where thumbnails wouldn't show up at all at times, this was the only option they kind of had (as well as to partially encourage you to use their video service instead). Unfortunately, Twitter started doing the same thing as well.

The only way to overcome this is to manually create a copy of your thumbnail, then resize it and upload it to Facebook as a picture but then paste the video link in the status update alongside it. The thing is, this actually works better as Facebook have been renown for pushing down direct YouTube video links (some people on here a while ago have tested it and found direct Facebook vids get more views than posting a direct YouTube link) whereas this kind of tricks Facebook into thinking you're posting a picture.

E.g.:
upload_2016-6-18_15-37-11.png

No way to "fix" this, it was an update Facebook did mainly to fix the issue where thumbnails wouldn't show up at all at times, this was the only option they kind of had (as well as to partially encourage you to use their video service instead). Unfortunately, Twitter started doing the same thing as well.

The only way to overcome this is to manually create a copy of your thumbnail, then resize it and upload it to Facebook as a picture but then paste the video link in the status update alongside it. The thing is, this actually works better as Facebook have been renown for pushing down direct YouTube video links (some people on here a while ago have tested it and found direct Facebook vids get more views than posting a direct YouTube link) whereas this kind of tricks Facebook into thinking you're posting a picture.

E.g.:
View attachment 35925
When you upload the thumbnail then the video link, if they click on the image does it send them to the video or to the image itself, do they have to click the youtube link in the post separately to go to the video?

When you upload the thumbnail then the video link, if they click on the image does it send them to the video or to the image itself, do they have to click the youtube link in the post separately to go to the video?
They have to click the YouTube link separately.

i use 1280 x 720 and it is fine, but you have to put your youtube link, then remove the thumbnail that is created and upload the image you want so it shows full. Bad part is they must click the link not the image to go to the video.

Back